20376Re: [perseus_SDR] Alternative VAC?

  • Roberto Zinelli
    Apr 18, 2013
      Alberto, I also  tried and i have the same result,  very strange BUT.........

      In my test setup:  Perseus tuned to 10100 RTTY, software HDSDR with the sound-card output  to  "VB-Audio Point" .

      SeaTTY input "VB-Audio Point". No signal at SeattY.

      Then i started "audio Repeater", a tool from VCABLE, don't care wot you select as wave in but select VB-Audio as wave out then start.
      The Seatty show signal incoming.....now stop the Audio Repeater end close it.  Seatty continues to operate!

      Stop and then start HDSDR  (F2) and again the signal at SeaTTY disappear.   seems that VB-Audio not open in output  automatically.

      What you think about ?

      73 IW4ENS
      Roberto

      On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 11:27 PM, Alberto I2PHD <i2phd@...> wrote:

      On 4/16/2013 2:58 PM, Johan H. Bodin wrote:

      here's a new virtual audio cable:

        http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm

      It would be interesting to try it with Perseus but, unfortunately, Perseus' VAC
      connection seems to be hardcoded to Muzychenko's VAC only.

      Johan,

         have you actually tried that VBcable ? I installed it and tried to send the output of Winrad to Argo,
      as I do normally with VAC. Argo did not receive anything...  switching back to VAC, all resumed working
      normally... the control panel of VBaudio reported that the output channel was opened at 48 kHz, 16 bit,
      which are the correct values for Argo, and the input channel was opened at 12 kHz, 24 bit, the correct
      values for Winrad, so the two programs somehow talked to VBaudio.  The problem was that audio data
      were not received by Argo...

      --
      73 Alberto I2PHD

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic