1976Re: linrad and perseus

  • Leif Asbrink
    Jun 1, 2008
      Hello Corneliu,

      > I think that in order to make LINRAD more user friendly you should
      > make more interfaces, each one specialized for a certain purpose:
      > e.g.
      > - receiving weak EME signals + removing local QRN;
      > - working in VHF contests with strong QRM + removing QRN;
      > - receiving VHF signals from a converter + SDR receiver and slaving a
      > separate transceiver for transmission.
      > - receiving HF signals;
      > - listenening to HF AM signals;
      > - using it as a spectrum analizer;
      > - using it over network;
      > - making a 24 hour( or whatever time)waterfall to look later at the
      > activity in the spectrum
      > etc
      >
      > every interface should have all paramenters set up for the specific
      > purpose, which could be slightly altered later by expert users.
      >
      > In this way the program will become more user friendly as the normal
      > user has to chose only the receiving device and type of interface for
      > his specific purpose instead of setting a lot of parameters.
      A have asked (repeatedly) for recorded files to use in order to provide
      something like this. Recordings could be made with the Perseus, SDR-IQ or
      any hardware using Winrad, perseus, spectravue, whatever. I like the
      recordings to provide some degree of challenge - it should not be trivial
      to copy one of the signals:-)

      Most of the things you list are trivial and you can find several examples
      at my site as well as on other places on the Internet.

      Generally, my suggestion is like this: Just start Linrad and try to
      do what you want. When something is not what you expect, post a
      question to the Linrad mailing list:
      http://groups.google.com/group/linrad
      I will answer there and the discussion will be archived for the
      benefit of others.

      73

      Leif
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic