19451Re: Perseus 4.0c beta 1

  • alx_mtc
    Dec 8, 2012
      BobCAT checks if a window named "Perseus" is running. From version 4.0c we needed to add a # followed by the istance number.
      There could be a workaround until the new BobCAT version is released:
      1) start 4.0c
      2) start 4.0b (hardware and com port already taken by 4.0c) - minimize this window
      3) start BobCAT

      Regards,
      Alessio

      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Peter" <auroraradio@...> wrote:

      > Hello
      >
      > Thanks for new version of the software, i found it working good. But BobCat isn't working with this new version. When i try to synk with BobCat i get an error message like this, Perseus is off. Please, start it!
      >
      > Regards
      > Peter J
      >
      > --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "alx_mtc" <alessio.miani@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello to all,
      > >
      > > A new beta Perseus version is now available.
      > > Here is the download link:
      > >
      > > http://microtelecom.it/perseus/Perseusv40c_b1.zip
      > >
      > > These are the main differences with the 4.0b stable release, plus the reported bugfixes.
      > >

      > > Client
      > >
      > > -Support for Windows 8.
      > >
      > > -The servers map is no longer integrated in the Perseus software (when clicking on the "Show Map" button, a default browser window will open). The link between the map and the Perseus software is done by a tool (included in the package) called mttps.exe. During the first run, administrative privileges are required to properly register the MTTP protocol.
      > >
      > > -mttps.exe does no longer need the MS Redistributable libraries to run.
      > >
      > > -Buttons font rendering was modified to address some users that reported "blocky" or hardly readable labels on some buttons.
      > >
      > > -Audio Delay: this new feature inserts a configurable delay in the DSP chain, please refer to the release notes (included in the package) for more information about it.
      > >
      > > -FM Deemphasis: enabled while using the FM demodulator. The de-emphasis time constant (50-300 us) is user adjustable from the software Settings window.
      > >
      > > -Reversed RTTY and CW settings are now saved in the registry and restored at startup.
      > >
      > > -Notch filter stays enabled after stop and re-start while playing a recorded file.
      > >
      > > -Default connection timeout when trying to reach offline servers is now 5 seconds.
      > >
      > > -Setting a negative offset is now allowed in "Set Filter Bandwidth" command through CI-V.
      > >
      > > -When audio output is muted, changing demodulator does not re-enable it.
      > >

      > > Server
      > >
      > > -Support for Windows 8.
      > >
      > > -Support for the delay feature
      > >
      > > -Restarting the server is no longer needed after a DNS change
      > >
      > > -Blacklist support: using a text file (as explained in the release notes) it is
      > > possible to reject connections from an IP address or family of IP addresses
      > > (server software settings has a new section).
      > >

      > > Note: due to a change in the protection algorithms needed to support Windows 8, some users may be unable to use their down-converter license (a few digits might change). In this case, contact me via email.
      > >

      > > Enjoy this new release!
      > > The Microtelecom Development Team

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic