19043Re: Instance names on crowded tasbar

  • alx_mtc
    Oct 1, 2012
      I know this would steal some more space from your desktop, but you could also unlock the taskbar and make it one step taller.
      Or group the buttons, so that when clicking on the Perseus taskbar box, Windows would ask you which instance you wanted to maximize.

      The numbering in the program caption is also used by mttps.exe to reference the right Perseus instance.

      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, "Jurgen Bartels" <jurgenb2@...> wrote:

      > Hi Alessio,
      >
      > Nice to have now a unique name in the taskbar for each Perseus instance. It is
      > now a lot easier to immediately pick the wanted one from the taskbar.
      > However when having many buttons on the taskbar (not just Perseus), Windows
      > reduces the number of characters per button down to 4 or 5 followed by '...'
      >
      > So I end up with:
      > 'Pers..' 'Pers..'
      > and can't distinguish the instances anymore.
      >
      > Could you please start the names with the instance number first and then
      > followed by 'perseus' like:
      > '1-Perseus', '2-Perseus'
      >
      > So a crowded taskbar would then show :
      > '1-Per..' 2-Per..'
      > and remains distinguishable.
      >

      > Jurgen Bartels Suellwarden, N. Germany
      > Antennas hor.: 45-87MHz: 11-ele, FM: 15.11, Band-III:13-ele, UHF:48-ele,
      > TV: Winradio G305 / Fly2000 + video noise filter & variable IF BW
      > FM: Downconverter + Perseus + Speclab as WFM demod.
      > MW: 90m bev 220°, 30 x 4m EWE 320° with JB-terminator, Winradio & Perseus
      > http://zeiterfassung.3sdesign.de/station_list.htm

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic