18661Re: [perseus_SDR] Trojan in Perseus demo file?

  • M Clark
    Jul 31, 2012

      I agree.  I had the same problem with AVG flagging the Perseus executable as having a trojan.  Quite curious considering it had been on my system for quite some time.  I submitted to virustotal and got a reasonably clean bill of health.  Most importantly, I trust Microtelecom so I flagged the exe as trusted and haven't had a problem since.

      No AV is perfect and there are always going to be some false positives.

      Mark N3IRJ

      On Jul 31, 2012 1:00 PM, "Alberto I2PHD" <i2phd@...> wrote:

      On 7/31/2012 9:12 AM, Partha Sarathi Goswami Siliguri, West Bengal, India wrote:
      But from my last 12-13 years experience I learned no antivirus (even premium priced ones) are complete
      enough as there is always some virus which your AV software don't cover!

      When I have some doubts, I send the suspicious executable to this site
      There the file is analyzed by about 40 different antivirus programs, all kept up to date, and the results
      are sent back to you in a couple of minutes.  You will receive practically always some positive reports,
      the important is to interpret the results with a grain of salt....

      73 Alberto I2PHD
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic