    Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2012 5:54 PM
    Subject: Re: [perseus_SDR] Re: Bad characters on Perseus Panel

    Thanks Peter, Guido etc...

    Yes it is exactly the same problem! In message #16994 Dez (OM5NA) from Slovakia who has Win7 64bit describes the same problem that I experienced. It is logical: he uses the same Central/Eastern Europe localization of Win7 with fonts where the code table is a bit different of that of West European languages. His picture in Photoalbum (OM5NA) looks exactly the same like what I could observe here.

    But - the basic sortiment of fonts in Win7 should be the same and national versions should pick up those fonts that suit them best. I was checking the Fonts section of Win7 and it seems like all fonts available are visible and the installed fonts are clearly visible, other fonts are greyed. Among those grayed fonts I have not seen any one which looks like Latin (not installed fonts are Chinese, Arabic etc). So I really do not see one Latin font that seems to be not installed yet.

    I was also trying to change a default language to English (US) (the former language was Czech), it took quite a while until it was done but there was no change after the restart of the computer.

    It could be fine if the author could say which font was used for button captions a I (and some other users surely too) could check if this font is present or if they should search for it somewhere else.

    It is already clear that the correct font is missing and it is substituted by a system font which is very rough and almost illegible in small sizes. It can be seen in the System font preview.

    Conclusion (from my point of view):  Perseus owners who intend to operate the receiver on computers with Win7 64bit Central+East European version should expect bad font display on buttons, e.g. below the main window (Spect, WFall, Zoom, Labels...).

    Many thanks indeed to those who are cooperative in an effort to solve this problem,

    Karel Honzik, CZE