14330Re: wrplus - not longer working

  • ke5jpp
    Apr 5, 2011
      --- In perseus_SDR@yahoogroups.com, Leif Asbrink <leif@...> wrote:

      > > I have tried Linrad for use with my Perseus. While Perseus
      > > is supported I find that the user interface of Linrad is,
      > > pardon my directness, horrible. It reminds me of an old DOS
      > > program.
      > I can not understand why that is relevant to you as a user.
      > There are specific questions that have to be answered. They are
      > not many and I can not understand why you think the aestetics
      > of the user interface is important.

      Hi Leif,

      You are kidding, right? How can you really believe the user interface is not important to the user? The Linrad user interface is a throwback to the old DOS days. Time has moved on and so have user interfaces. If you want Linrad to be adopted by a larger audience, it needs a more modern graphics based GUI. The old command line/DOS window look doesn't cut it and people will shy away from Linrad for that reason. Sorry, that is my opinion. I am not trying to be rude, but come on, the Linrad user interface needs serious help.

      Gene
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic