10473Re: [perseus_SDR] Re: gemini software

  • Highq
    Jul 1, 2010
      Roelof,

      thanks, you are thinking correct.

      I remember the year 2007 when, in a little and hidden corner of hall A1,
      Nico and me presented PERSEUS: a little black/yellow box with a simple A5 two side paper
      which promised good performance..............promises have been kept !

      PERSEUS after 3 years is still the reference for 3000 satisfied users......and not only them ;-)

      Now.......GEMINI....quietly and without triumphalism......with the same desire to make a good radio,
      different from PERSEUS in some aspects, with more and sophisticated technology, without comparison before.

      I'm sure everyone in Microtelecom will work to keep its promises also this time.

      Stay tuned.......

      73 Beppe
      IK3VIG

      woodboxradio.com

      At 10.02 01/07/2010, you wrote:

      Hello Dave,

      Please be aware that this is a small company which provides cutting edge
      technology.
      Whilst the competition comes up with a more or less equal product that
      Mirotelecom launched three years ago, the new offering has features not to
      be found anywhere else.

      Talking about business models, we are very lucky to have small business's
      like Microtelecom aimed at innovation rather than non technical issues as
      maximum profit and shareholders interests.

      There is no sign yet that the "big three" players in the amateur radio
      market will come up with an innovative design on short notice.

      It is hard to fathom, but the simple truth is that the expensive current
      top models with multiple roofing filters etc. are technically speaking
      things of the past.

      Best regards,
      Roelof Bakker, pa0rdt

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic