Wintry Morning In Perryopolis, Southwest Pennsylvania

  • pammie15473
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2008
      Don't you love our Southwestern Pennsylvania area of Perryopolis?! I
      do, and I love our valley. It is 13 degrees right now and we have
      snow with a rainy icy mix on the way. I am so glad that I can stay
      inside the house today and not leave at 7:00 a.m. as I did for years
      driving to work. I have empathy for everyone who will be driving.

      Since 5:00 I see people in their vehicles venture very cautiously
      down the river road. I know what they are thinking as they are coming
      round the bend and tramp on the gas hoping to get to the top of the
      hill before the car begins to slide. It is something we have all
      dealt with for years. I can remember my dad attempting to get out of
      Whitsett in a 1948 Chevy when in those days a fellow in our town
      ashed the hill all by himself. Can you imagine that? Our township
      ash truck will be coming soon and continue throughout the day. We
      are fortunate and thankful.

      So, to everyone, I wish you a happy day full of blessings. Remember
      to take the time to count them.

      Pami