Re: [perryopolis] Perry High School Yearbook Help

  • Ronald Enos
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 1 3:04 PM
      Rich,

      I have sent your information to Pete Logoyda who may be able to find out if there are any old year books hanging around.  You might also want to check on the Historical Society of Perryopolis.  They have some year books too.

      Ron

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2 1:06 PM
        Thank you for your help.

        I sent and email to Joan, who has helped me with some other Hanam research.

        I hope someone out there can find the photo or photos and make a copy for me.

        If anyone else has any information on the Hanam family from Fayette county please contact me.

        Thanks,

        Rich

        --- In perryopolis@yahoogroups.com, Ronald Enos <ronaldenos@...> wrote:

        > Rich,
        >
        > I have sent your information to Pete Logoyda who may be able to find out if there are any old year books hanging around.  You might also want to check on the Historical Society of Perryopolis.  They have some year books too.
        >
        > Ron

      • Chuck Lynch
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 3 7:47 PM
        • 1 Attachment
        • 139 KB
        Here is a picture from the 1927 Petosean. Hope this will help. My neighbor had the yearbook
        I know a lady that this may have been her grandfather. How are you related. I will talk to her and ask if she has any family history

        Chuck Lynch

        Message 4 of 9 , Jul 6 9:44 AM
          Rich Giecek:
          > I am doing genealogy research on the Hanam family from Fayette County, PA and hope someone can help me.
          >
          > I am specifically looking for a Perry High School Yearbook from the years dating 1923-1927.
          >
          > As I understand, John Henry Hanam was the Perry High School custodian from the years 1923 until his death in 1927.
          >
          > There is a photo of John in one or all of those year books.
          >
          > I am looking for a copy of those photos or photo....

          For additional information you could contact Carol Hanam Brown.
          I don't have her phone number, but AFAIK her husband, John
          Brown, still owns Brown Farm Equipment Co. 585 Fayette City Road
          Perryopolis, PA 15473, Phone 724-326-4090.

          Carol is an old friend of mine--a Methodist Sunday-School mate.
          I see her at the Star Junction Methodist Church whenever I happen
          to be in the area on a Sunday--which is only every couple of years.

          David Illig
          Group Owner
          Webmaster, Perryopolis.com
        • Pat Rolison
          Message 5 of 9 , Jul 6 11:50 AM
            and David, please say Hello to Carol from me also when ever you see her again.  I'm sure it will be before I do as my travel has been all but curtailed.

            Also I have a new St. address here in Deming..............2119 S. Bryant Dr.  We moved just 3 blocks !
            Thanks,
            pat

            pat

            Message 6 of 9 , Jul 6 7:07 PM
              --- In perryopolis@yahoogroups.com, "David Illig" <daffyddsant@...> wrote:

              > Rich Giecek:
              > > I am doing genealogy research on the Hanam family from Fayette County, PA and hope someone can help me.
              > >
              > > I am specifically looking for a Perry High School Yearbook from the years dating 1923-1927.
              > >
              > > As I understand, John Henry Hanam was the Perry High School custodian from the years 1923 until his death in 1927.
              > >
              > > There is a photo of John in one or all of those year books.
              > >
              > > I am looking for a copy of those photos or photo....
              >
              > For additional information you could contact Carol Hanam Brown.
              > I don't have her phone number, but AFAIK her husband, John
              > Brown, still owns Brown Farm Equipment Co. 585 Fayette City Road
              > Perryopolis, PA 15473, Phone 724-326-4090.
              >
              > Carol is an old friend of mine--a Methodist Sunday-School mate.
              > I see her at the Star Junction Methodist Church whenever I happen
              > to be in the area on a Sunday--which is only every couple of years.
              >
              > David Illig
              > Group Owner
              > Webmaster, Perryopolis.com

              David, Carol attends a different church now
              Chuck Lynch
            • David Illig
              Message 7 of 9 , Jul 6 8:32 PM
                David:
                > > Carol is an old friend of mine--a Methodist Sunday-School mate.
                > > I see her at the Star Junction Methodist Church whenever I happen
                > > to be in the area on a Sunday--which is only every couple of years.

                Chuck Lynch:
                > David, Carol attends a different church now

                Again!? I'm aware that there was a schism some years back in which some members of the SJUMC went off and formed their own church for some reason, but that ended and Carol came back. (I don't recall who else was involved.)

                Has it happened again!?

                David
              • Chuck Lynch
                Message 8 of 9 , Jul 8 7:40 PM
                  going to the new baptist church of 51 by the Perry light. Had a different and now has new name