New Topic

  • pammie15473
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2008
      Okay, since I can't figure out where to start the reply, I will begin
      a new topic. I never know whether to begin at the end of the topic
      or before it so someone "help"

      It did get warmer now that it was 74 degrees here today in Northern
      Perryopolis which is Whitsett and the purple trees are blooming on
      the hillside and all the birds are out singing in full force.

      I am finding out that I know some of the people here writing. Rick,
      Although you were just a little boy at the time, I also knew
      Frank...he had the most wonderful Red and White Buick and he was such
      a gentleman of a fellow.

      Pat, I think you are Pat Sisley and I came to visit you when you
      lived on Layton road when we were just little girls. Is this correct?

      David, the only thing I know of Dion is dancing to his music in the
      back room of my dad's tavern. That is the extent of my nightclubbing
      which was wonderful in itself anyways!

      I did see the Statue of Liberty and took pictures of her and rode the
      ferry and the little boat that takes people to Ellis Island.

      Now, I write here in my computer room as Jezzie and I look out the
      window at the sparkling waters of the Youghiogheny River.

      Happy Day to everyone and I will still say HAPPY SPRINGTIME!!
    • pat_rolison
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2008
        --- In perryopolis@yahoogroups.com, "pammie15473" <pammie15473@...>
        wrote:

        > Okay, since I can't figure out where to start the reply, I will
        begin
        > a new topic. I never know whether to begin at the end of the topic
        > or before it so someone "help"
        >
        > It did get warmer now that it was 74 degrees here today in Northern
        > Perryopolis which is Whitsett and the purple trees are blooming on
        > the hillside and all the birds are out singing in full force.
        >
        > I am finding out that I know some of the people here writing.
        Rick,
        > Although you were just a little boy at the time, I also knew
        > Frank...he had the most wonderful Red and White Buick and he was
        such
        > a gentleman of a fellow.
        >

        > Pat, I think you are Pat Sisley and I came to visit you when you
        > lived on Layton road when we were just little girls. Is this
        correct?

        > David, the only thing I know of Dion is dancing to his music in the
        > back room of my dad's tavern. That is the extent of my
        nightclubbing
        > which was wonderful in itself anyways!
        >
        > I did see the Statue of Liberty and took pictures of her and rode
        the
        > ferry and the little boat that takes people to Ellis Island.
        >
        > Now, I write here in my computer room as Jezzie and I look out the
        > window at the sparkling waters of the Youghiogheny River.
        >
        > Happy Day to everyone and I will still say HAPPY SPRINGTIME!!

        Not sure where I'm spose to put my reply........so will try this.
        David will put us right! Yes, I wondered if that was you! How are
        you?

        My bones love the warmer weather, but I sure could do without the
        high winds we are having.
        pat
      • Rick Orelli
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2008
          Hi Pammie,,

          I know that sometimes these threads can get a little nutty. Yahoo is
          famous for not making them completely user friendly.

          I bet I was a little guy if you remember Frank. That Buick you speak
          of was about a 1951 or 1952 Buick Roadmaster.. the thing was a Lead
          Sled... I remember my dad buying it for Frank for a whopping
          $100.00..

          Sure wish I had that thing now.. in good condition, it would be worth
          a ton more today. LOL

          Rick
        • pammie15473
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2008
            --- In perryopolis@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Orelli" <rorelli@...> wrote:

            > Hi Pammie,,
            >
            > I know that sometimes these threads can get a little nutty. Yahoo is
            > famous for not making them completely user friendly.
            >
            > I bet I was a little guy if you remember Frank. That Buick you speak
            > of was about a 1951 or 1952 Buick Roadmaster.. the thing was a Lead
            > Sled... I remember my dad buying it for Frank for a whopping
            > $100.00..
            >
            > Sure wish I had that thing now.. in good condition, it would be worth
            > a ton more today. LOL
            >
            > Rick

            Hi Rick,

            Oh golly, were you even born yet when we were juniors and seniors in
            1961 -1962? I do think Frank was in the band, I just can't remember
            what he instrument he played, was it the trumpet?, I played the
            clarinet and my friends would make fun of me when the band played in
            the gymnasium at the pep rallies and they would tap their feet real
            slow in imitation of what I did and we were all so silly.

            We attended all football games from 7th grade on and you know, I never
            did get the "gist" of the game. Of course I knew a touchdown! I know
            we froze to death in winter and my shoes were always too small for my
            feet because merchants hadn't started to make my large size at the
            time.

            Frank's car was beautiful and he took such care of it. Just think if
            he had it now!!

            Happy Day,

            Pami
          • Rick Orelli
            Message 5 of 6 , May 3, 2008
              Pammie

              Ahh,, Yeah, I was born in 1952. Frank did indeed play the Trumpet
              and played in the Marching band.

              Rick

              wrote:

              > Hi Rick,
              >
              > Oh golly, were you even born yet when we were juniors and seniors
              in
              > 1961 -1962? I do think Frank was in the band, I just can't
              remember
              > what he instrument he played, was it the trumpet?, I played the
              > clarinet and my friends would make fun of me when the band played
              in
              > the gymnasium at the pep rallies and they would tap their feet
              real
              > slow in imitation of what I did and we were all so silly.
              >
              > We attended all football games from 7th grade on and you know, I
              never
              > did get the "gist" of the game. Of course I knew a touchdown! I
              know
              > we froze to death in winter and my shoes were always too small for
              my
              > feet because merchants hadn't started to make my large size at the
              > time.
              >
              > Frank's car was beautiful and he took such care of it. Just think
              if
              > he had it now!!
              >
              > Happy Day,
              >
              > Pami

            • pammie15473
              Message 6 of 6 , May 4, 2008
                --- In perryopolis@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Orelli" <rorelli@...> wrote:

                > Pammie
                >
                > Ahh,, Yeah, I was born in 1952. Frank did indeed play the Trumpet
                > and played in the Marching band.
                >
                > Rick
                >

                > In perryopolis@yahoogroups.com, "pammie15473" <pammie15473@>
                > wrote:
                > >

                > > Hi Rick,
                > >
                > > Oh golly, were you even born yet when we were juniors and seniors
                > in
                > > 1961 -1962? I do think Frank was in the band, I just can't
                > remember
                > > what he instrument he played, was it the trumpet?, I played the
                > > clarinet and my friends would make fun of me when the band played
                > in
                > > the gymnasium at the pep rallies and they would tap their feet
                > real
                > > slow in imitation of what I did and we were all so silly.
                > >
                > > We attended all football games from 7th grade on and you know, I
                > never
                > > did get the "gist" of the game. Of course I knew a touchdown! I
                > know
                > > we froze to death in winter and my shoes were always too small
                for
                > my
                > > feet because merchants hadn't started to make my large size at
                the
                > > time.
                > >
                > > Frank's car was beautiful and he took such care of it. Just
                think
                > if
                > > he had it now!!
                > >
                > > Happy Day,
                > >
                > > Pami

                Hi, This may be in the wrong spot as a reply. Just think, Rick, THE
                CAR was the same age as you!

                I am sure others felt this way about our high school band and the
                band director..Mr. Griglak. What a wonderful, patient, knowledgable
                man!

                Being in the band and playing in the concerts, marching to the drum
                beats and discovering we were worth something meant the world to me.
                I suppose we were a clique maybe, but a good one. Trying to show Mr.
                Griglak we were learning what he was teaching us and that we did have
                some sense was a special time. They say that a "coach" sometimes
                teaches a student more than even a parent! And the music taught our
                minds about the marches, classic waltzs, more than listening to the
                then new rock & roll, learning to do a "solo" in front of the whole
                school was scary but at the same time, fun. I am sure that if anyone
                else on here was in the band, those days of traveling on the bus to
                the games, just being a part of something is still in their minds.

                Sorry, I get to thinking about those times and can't quit talking.

                Pami