Family Tree Research

  • gerlyons321
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11 12:46 PM
      I am doing some family tree research for the Lyons family that lived near Perryopolis. My father grew up around the area before moving to Needles, CA in the early 1940's. I have a picture of my Uncle, Robert H Lyons, in front of Star Junction school in the early 1930's and I know that the Lyons/Reed family farm was off of Hwy 51. Most of the Lyons family was born in Redstone, Newell, Brownsville, and California. The Reed side of the family were mostly from Preston County, West Virginia. The McDonough's were from Washington County. I am listing several of the Lyons family marriages below to see if any of the names are familiar.

      Henry Lyons b. abt 1838 married Sara May B. abt 1839
      Harry F Lyons b. 1875 married Harriet Gertrude McDonough b. 1877
      Harry H Lyons b. 1904 married Lucille O Reed b. 1904
      Robert H Lyons b. 1924

      If anyone knows of any information sources in the Perryopolis area I greatly appreciate any help. Is there an area historian that might have any information? Is there a historical society in the area?

      Thank you for any assistance
      Gerald Lyons Jr