Afghanistan

  • PatR
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14 7:52 PM
      Well, my son, the little boy who I would worry about riding his big wheel down the hill from my grandmothers house, is leaving for Afghanistan. I was able to spend some time with him in Texas this week.
      He will be helping to get the troops home. All prayers welcome!
    • nbensel@frontier.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 14 10:10 PM
        Hello Pat,

        I just want you to know that I have prayed for your son and his safety, and his safe return back home. I don't pretend to know God's will for my life or anybody else's, but the power of prayer is certainly a bedrock of peace and comfort and power. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to prayer for him; it is a privilege and an honor to stand in honor and in respect of these brave young soldiers who so selfishly serve our country.

        Sincerely,

        Norm

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 18 5:14 AM
          Hi Pat,

          Your son is in my prayers, and you are, too.

          On our kitchen wall we have a little sign that says:

          "Some people wonder "what is my purpose in life?"
          A veteran never has to wonder."

          Thank him for us.

          Pam S.

          --- In perryopolis@yahoogroups.com, "PatR" <pat_rolison@...> wrote:

          > Well, my son, the little boy who I would worry about riding his big wheel down the hill from my grandmothers house, is leaving for Afghanistan. I was able to spend some time with him in Texas this week.
          > He will be helping to get the troops home. All prayers welcome!

        • pat_rolison
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2013
            Just want to let you all know that my son is home from Afghanistan, whole in Body, mind and spirit.  Thank you for your prayers!  He even got to see the Steelers game in England !   They will be at our house for Thanksgiving, really looking forward to that.