Re: Henny Penny

  • daffyddsant
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2013
      And how our versions of these stories were distorted, often by Disney or watered-down books.

      In the original, Cendrillon's step-sisters were beautiful, not ugly. Birds pecked their eyes out, though I believe that their sight was later restored (this is a story of magic, remember). This was not entirely a happy story