Re: Brother

  • Pam
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2013
      Pat,

      Thank you for the compliment on my writing. I really enjoy writing and also the ghost writing. Today I was doing research and writing for someone who wanted articles on the fulfillment centers that pick and pack the products we order and get them out to us.

      At least we have a double digit of 21 degrees right now, with snow. The groundhog says it's going to end soon so we'll see. Everyone stay warm and safe.

      Pam S

      --- In perryopolis@yahoogroups.com, "PatR" wrote:

      > So sorry for your loss, David. Was your brother 9-10 years older than you?
      >
      > Weather in Perry !!!! Took the Fire Dept to get my Mom up my brothers drive way to to get her on the way to the hospital. Thank you Perry fire Dept. Crazy Ice & Snow.........just can't cut it anymore.
      >
      > Pam write, write, write, everything you write is so beautiful!

    • Pat Rolison
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2013
        Pam,
        I knew a girl, when I lived in Hartsel, Co.,  that Stored, picked & packed for a dog food company.  People would send in their box tops & form and get some small item for their dog. She lived on the Salt Works Ranch there in Hartsel.   Maybe you remember the Malboro commercial with the three sexy cowboys.........it was filmed on that ranch.  Anyway, I was looking for something I could do at home & thought about her and also spent a lot of time looking into the fullment centers.  Much stuff on the internet..........but mostly about big centers.  Did you find any small stuff that could be done from home?

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 3, 2013
          No, Pat,

          I haven't found anything like that. I have seen data entry jobs, freelance writing, network marketing companies and sites where you click so many sites a day and your money earns through advertising. Anyone looking on the Internet must be careful. I felt so lucky to have a friend who helped me find a place where I could write. I will keep my eyes open.

          Pam

          --- In perryopolis@yahoogroups.com, Pat Rolison wrote:

          > Pam,
          > I knew a girl, when I lived in Hartsel, Co.,  that Stored, picked & packed for a dog food company.  People would send in their box tops & form and get some small item for their dog. She lived on the Salt Works Ranch there in Hartsel.   Maybe you remember the Malboro commercial with the three sexy cowboys.........it was filmed on that ranch.  Anyway, I was looking for something I could do at home & thought about her and also spent a lot of time looking into the fullment centers.  Much stuff on the internet..........but mostly about big centers.  Did you find any small stuff that could be done from home?
          >
          > pat

        • daffyddsant
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 4, 2013
            Thank you, Pat. George was nearly 10 years older than me. I turned 68 in May of last year and he would have been 78 in December.

            We've had a clement winter in Central Maryland. There have been some strong winds during cold weather when, if you were outside, it felt like your face was being whipped with a frozen whip! But there have also been some days when the weather was near 70F.

            Weather change is not climate change, but when the weather changes over an extended period, that's climate change. When we see it happening in our lifetimes, that's rapid climate change. Rapid climate change does not happen naturally except in the event of volcanism or impact from an asteroid or other body from space. One has to conclude, therefore, that the Earth is experiencing rapid climate change mainly to human activity, particularly the release of vast quantities of CO2 into the atmosphere through the burning of fossil fuels. Politicians may find that the be an "inconvenient truth," but climate change was not predicted or discovered or measured by politicians; the knowledge of climate change comes from scientific research.

            Warmer winters and powerful storms in the Mid Atlantic, drought in the West and Midwest. It has different effects for different people.

            dei