Another Classmate of the Class of 1962 has passed away

  • Pam
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 7 3:39 PM
      You all remember Leota (Shelkey) Edwards. She was a fine and intelligent student that we all enjoyed being friends with long ago. She and I and Judy started working in Washington, D.C. at the Department of Agriculture on the 4th of September in 1962. She passed away on August 1. You can read more clicking on Washington Post obituaries or just typing her name in a search box. In sympathy....
    • Yahoo!
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 7 5:52 PM
        Thanks Pam for letting everyone know about Leota.     I did see it in the news.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 7 7:10 PM
          The Shelkeys lived near us in Star Junction.

          I was stationed in Arlington, Va. with the Air Force throughout 1963. I recall once visiting Leota and Judy White at the apartment they shared in Arlington. You must have been living elsewhere, Pam.

          Whatever happened to Judy White? I don't recall seeing her at any reunions.

          Leota's obituary may be seen at <http://tinyurl.com/9slgqtg>.

          David

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 8 4:56 AM
            Hi David,

            A lot happened that year. I met my husband at Ft. Belvoir, Va. We were married in March and moved to Alexandria. We left the area in 1964 and moved to Evansville, Indiana. If you visited them at the apartment on Courthouse Road, that was the apartment we found when we first got our jobs. I haven't seen Judy either.

            Pam