Reunion

  • Pam
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 20, 2012
      Hi David,

      I see the 60's classes are having a "together" reunion at Sampey park. Since we will be out of school for 50 years this year, will our class of '62 have a separate reunion or go to the one at Sampey park?

      Lots of people from our class are not on the invitation list, I suppose because they do not have their email addresses on Perryopolis.com.

      What do you think, David?

      Happy Evening,

      Pam (Sheppard) Simpson
    • Pat Rolison
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 21, 2012
        Please keep me updated on this !  I need to go back to see my mom & brother, perhaps I can do both at the same time.

        pat

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 21, 2012
          I saw Sally Troup & Joe  last Easter in Perry...........I could kick myself for not getting snail mail or E-mail from them.  Do you remember Barbara Easter?  Her family moved to Az. when we were very young.  I think we did Kindergarden & maybe 1st togeather.  She called me This Christmas & we had a good talk.

          pat

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 21, 2012
            There are 239 invited so far with 7 responding, 4 guests and 1 maybe. It is at Sampey park on September 1 from 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. It is on classmates.com reunions page. Wanda Strother Sibert and I want to go, but I thought maybe David would know if we had a class reunion scheduled this year, too.

            Yep, I do the same thing and forget to ask for phone numbers, and at least email addresses. I don't know Barbara Easter.

            Pam S.

            --- In perryopolis@yahoogroups.com, Pat Rolison <pat_rolison@...> wrote:

            > I saw Sally Troup & Joe  last Easter in Perry...........I could kick myself for not getting snail mail or E-mail from them.  Do you remember Barbara Easter?  Her family moved to Az. when we were very young.  I think we did Kindergarden & maybe 1st togeather.  She called me This Christmas & we had a good talk.
            >

            > pat

          • daffyddsant
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 21, 2012
              Hi, Pam (and everyone),

              Good question. Only Paul Farrow knows the answer. If I had to guess I would say that he is not planning a reunion or we would have heard from him by now. Probably more bother than he wants to take on. Too bad! Maybe I'll send him an e-mail for a definitive answer.

              As for the all-60's reunion, I don't know yet if I will be able to attend. We're still making our travel plans for the year and we have to get to Europe and the UK at some point, working around the Summer Olympics, which are being held in the UK.

              Going back to our 50th, I note that some people just rent the pavilion at the Greek Church and say "This is our reunion. Come if you wish, bring your own food and drink." How easy can it get?

              At the two reunions that I have attended since starting Perryopolis.com I have handed out flyers inviting people to join the Classmates page. No one responded. Guess they would rather pay classmates.com than get the service free from Perryopolis.com!

              David
              --- In perryopolis@yahoogroups.com, "Pam" <pammie15473@...> wrote:

              > Hi David,
              >
              > I see the 60's classes are having a "together" reunion at Sampey park. Since we will be out of school for 50 years this year, will our class of '62 have a separate reunion or go to the one at Sampey park?
              >
              > Lots of people from our class are not on the invitation list, I suppose because they do not have their email addresses on Perryopolis.com.
              >
              > What do you think, David?
              >
              > Happy Evening,
              >
              > Pam (Sheppard) Simpson

            • Pam
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 22, 2012
                Hi,

                You have done a great job with Perryopolis.com, David. I see names of people from all graduation years on it and always look for new photos and news of the community that you've put on the site. I don't know a lot about the classmates.com site, just that I received an e-mail as an invitation with a link to rsvp if I was going to go.

                It sounds like a good idea since Sampey park is right there, the day is chosen and all we do is take a covered dish and a contribution. Wanda and I want to go. Since we lose more students each year, it will be good to get together again. Three have passed away just since our last reunion.

                You sound really busy doing exciting things most of us just think about. One other thing to think about is the Whitsett Community Days. It was held this passed year on the 13th of August and the town will be having another one this year. What a nice day that is! People come from all over the U.S. There is music, food, a playground for the kids, the walking trail and the river nearby, so that is a suggestion for another day of fun in August 2012.

                It will be good to see everyone whereever it is! Thank you again for posting my poem on your Perryopolis.com Veteran page. What a privilege and an honour it is to see it there.

                Pam