Contact

  • gsswpa55
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 18 7:50 AM
      Hi I am looking at arranging a bus trip to the Grist Mill and other historical attractions (distillery/Fulling Mill) and the contact information for the Perryopolis Historical Society is disconnected. How do I contact someone in charge? Is there an admission fee for the sites? The Perryopolis Historical Society site has a walking tour listed for the town, about how long does it take?
      Sorry for all the questions, but I'd like to have this "nailed" down to advertise with our Society members.

      Thank you for your time.

      Sincerely,
      Katrina Wilk, President
      Genealogical Society of Southwestern PA
    • daffyddsant
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 18 5:35 PM
        Hello, Katrina,

        I really wish that I could help you, and I hope that someone in this group will do so. The Perryopolis Area Heritage Society and the Perryopolis Borough Council seem to be stuck in the pre-technology era. They don't have a web presence beyond what I created for the Heritage Society at perryopolis.com more than 10 years ago, and which they have never updated. Neither the PAHS nor the borough has a contact number or e-mail address posted on perryopolis.com. In talking to these groups they seem completely oblivious to the advantages that a web presence can offer a small town seeking tourists.

        I should explain that I am a Star Junction native, but I live near Annapolis, Maryland. I started perryopolis.com in 2000 because no one else did. A prominent local merchant who has refused to advertise or otherwise support the site condemned me for running the site from Maryland, saying that "It belongs in Perryopolis." "You had years after the World Wide Web came on-line to start a web site, but you didn't." "We didn't know...." "You didn't know and it's my fault!?" And so it goes.

        Good luck with your quest. Visit perryopolis.com and e-mail me, the webmaster, if you would like for me to post your request on the main page of the web site. Perhaps some sympathetic person who knows how to contact the proper authorities (Beating on a log? Smoke signals? Carrier pigeon?) will help you.

        Thanks for participating in the Perryopolis Yahoo Group!

        David Illig
        Originator, Owner, and Webmaster, perryopolis.com
        Perryopolis Yahoo Group Owner and Moderator

        gsswpa55 wrote:

        > Hi I am looking at arranging a bus trip to the Grist Mill and other historical attractions (distillery/Fulling Mill) and the contact information for the Perryopolis Historical Society is disconnected. How do I contact someone in charge? Is there an admission fee for the sites? The Perryopolis Historical Society site has a walking tour listed for the town, about how long does it take?
        > Sorry for all the questions, but I'd like to have this "nailed" down to advertise with our Society members.
        >
        > Thank you for your time.
        >
        > Sincerely,
        > Katrina Wilk, President
        > Genealogical Society of Southwestern PA
      • rickorelli
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 19 7:21 AM
          Katrina,

          Try this number 724-736-4441. I think it's the borough office. Perhaps they can help you get in touch with the Historical society.

          Good luck

          Rick Orelli

          --- In perryopolis@yahoogroups.com, "gsswpa55" <gsswpa55@...> wrote:

          > Hi I am looking at arranging a bus trip to the Grist Mill and other historical attractions (distillery/Fulling Mill) and the contact information for the Perryopolis Historical Society is disconnected. How do I contact someone in charge? Is there an admission fee for the sites? The Perryopolis Historical Society site has a walking tour listed for the town, about how long does it take?
          > Sorry for all the questions, but I'd like to have this "nailed" down to advertise with our Society members.
          >
          > Thank you for your time.
          >
          > Sincerely,
          > Katrina Wilk, President
          > Genealogical Society of Southwestern PA

        • David
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 21 12:56 PM
            Hi, Rick,

            Thanks very much for stepping up to help!

            Do you find it odd that the Borough owns the park but the Heritage Society runs it, when the Borough has a Parks Department of its own? Interesting, at least.

            Thanks again!

            David

            from David's iPhone

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 22 4:27 AM
              Hi David

              I actually didn't know that was the case. I just looked up Perryopolis on Yahoo and they gave me 2 numbers, one was the police department and the other was the borough offices. I shared the borough office number with Katrina...

              Rick

              --- In perryopolis@yahoogroups.com, David <daffyddsant@...> wrote:

              > Hi, Rick,
              >
              > Thanks very much for stepping up to help!
              >
              > Do you find it odd that the Borough owns the park but the Heritage Society runs it, when the Borough has a Parks Department of its own? Interesting, at least.
              >
              > Thanks again!
              >
              > David
              >
              > from David's iPhone
              >
              > On Mar 19, 2011, at 10:21, "rickorelli" <rorelli@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Katrina,
              > >
              > > Try this number 724-736-4441. I think it's the borough office. Perhaps they can help you get in touch with the Historical society.
              > >
              > > Good luck
              > >
              > > Rick Orelli
              > >
              > > --- In perryopolis@yahoogroups.com, "gsswpa55" <gsswpa55@> wrote:
              > >>
              > >> Hi I am looking at arranging a bus trip to the Grist Mill and other historical attractions (distillery/Fulling Mill) and the contact information for the Perryopolis Historical Society is disconnected. How do I contact someone in charge? Is there an admission fee for the sites? The Perryopolis Historical Society site has a walking tour listed for the town, about how long does it take?
              > >> Sorry for all the questions, but I'd like to have this "nailed" down to advertise with our Society members.
              > >>
              > >> Thank you for your time.
              > >>
              > >> Sincerely,
              > >> Katrina Wilk, President
              > >> Genealogical Society of Southwestern PA

            • pam newmeyer
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 22 12:44 PM
                Thats why nothing get done. If you are not in the click then you are not from perryopolis. Its a crazy town.

              • Carl Falbo
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 22 12:46 PM
                  So true.

                  Thats why nothing get done. If you are not in the click then you are not from perryopolis. Its a crazy town.

                • momnmontana
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 22 12:54 PM
                    --- In perryopolis@yahoogroups.com, pam newmeyer <pnewmeyer@...> wrote:

                    > Thats why nothing get done. If you are not in the click then you are not from perryopolis. Its a crazy town.

                    Dear Pam...It was the same way when my father was a juvenile and teen there...It hasn't changed a lick...Knew your father Jim very well as he was my coach...Quite a fellow...So was John Turcaso and they were always thought of as not being good enough by those that be...We know who they were and are...Malcontents that are still there that are incapable of getting in from out of the rain...If you only knew many of the sick secrets many of them hide...abortion, incest, adultery and that is just some, most of which took place in public....Sinful shameful people...