Re: Griglak's Zoo

  • stephenm142
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 6, 2009
      Thank you very much Mr. Lynch. My wife and daughter and I are coming past there on Friday on our way to Kentucky. We want to stop in and see the zoo, does anyone have an address and additional information - are we allowed to go onto the property and take some pictures? I heard Mr. Griglak passed away but does his family still live there? I need an address to find it. Thanks all for you help, looking forward to visiting your town.
      - Stephen

      --- In perryopolis@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Lynch <chcklynch@...> wrote:

      > The zoo is still there,paint fading. It was rumored that they were going to move it but still there. Families go and see the animals
      >
      > Chuck Lynch
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Chuck Lynch
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 6, 2009
        I will get the info and send to you

        Thank you very much Mr. Lynch. My wife and daughter and I are coming past there on Friday on our way to Kentucky. We want to stop in and see the zoo, does anyone have an address and additional information - are we allowed to go onto the property and take some pictures? I heard Mr. Griglak passed away but does his family still live there? I need an address to find it. Thanks all for you help, looking forward to visiting your town.
        - Stephen

        --- In perryopolis@ yahoogroups. com, Chuck Lynch <chcklynch@. ..> wrote:

        > The zoo is still there,paint fading. It was rumored that they were going to move it but still there. Families go and see the animals
        >
        > Chuck Lynch
        >

        > ____________ _________ _________ __

      • celestial_vision
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 9, 2009
          I only have a day or too, so if you see a black car roaming around
          Friday afternoon, it's us looking for the zoo.
          - Stephen

          Chuck Lynch wrote:

          > I will get the info and send to you

        • Chuck Lynch
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 9, 2009
            The house is on Liberty street. Turn into Perryopolis from RT51 and go straight to the center of town,bear right to bottom of hill,stay right. Go until you come to stop sign and turn right, the zoo on left. I couldn't get in touch with anyone.Other people go there and see what happens, Have Fun!

            Chuck Lynch wrote:

            > I will get the info and send to you

          • celestial_vision
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 9, 2009
              thank you Chuck!

              Chuck Lynch wrote:

              > The house is on Liberty street. Turn into Perryopolis from RT51 and go
              > straight to the center of town,bear right to bottom of hill,stay right.
              > Go until you come to stop sign and turn right, the zoo on left. I
              > couldn't get in touch with anyone.Other people go there and see what
              > happens, Have Fun!

            • celestial_vision
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 17, 2009
                Hey Chuck we stopped by and had a great time, appeared to be no one
                home, took lots of pictures, we are interested in buying some of the
                animals if the owners ever want to sell. Sounds crazy I know.
                Anyway lots of fun, thanks for your help.
                Regards,
                Stephen

                Chuck Lynch wrote:

                > The house is on Liberty street. Turn into Perryopolis from RT51 and go
                > straight to the center of town,bear right to bottom of hill,stay right.
                > Go until you come to stop sign and turn right, the zoo on left. I
                > couldn't get in touch with anyone.Other people go there and see what
                > happens, Have Fun!

              • Chuck Lynch
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 18, 2009
                  Glad to hear you had a good time. After all these emails. Who are you and who are you related to in Perryopolis. There was some talk about moving the animals, but never heard anymore. Let me know

                  Chuck Lynch wrote:

                  > The house is on Liberty street. Turn into Perryopolis from RT51 and go
                  > straight to the center of town,bear right to bottom of hill,stay right.
                  > Go until you come to stop sign and turn right, the zoo on left. I
                  > couldn't get in touch with anyone.Other people go there and see what
                  > happens, Have Fun!

                • celestial_vision
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 30, 2009
                    My wife wrote this for you Chuck:

                    My husband, daughter, and I live in Havertown, which is just outside of
                    Philadelphia. In the bookstore a couple of months ago I came across a
                    book in which I found an article with photos of Cyril Griglak, which the
                    author was fortunate enough to have met, and his 'zoo'. I wrote it down
                    and looked into it further at home on the internet and was saddened to
                    learn that both he and his wife had passed away, however, I was certain
                    that I needed to visit Perryopolis to see his creations.
                    A few weeks later when planning our trip to Kentucky I asked my husband
                    to plan it with a pit stop in Perryopolis. Upon arrival into your town
                    we followed the directions that Mr. Lynch was kind enough to provide and
                    arrived at Griglak's Zoo. Oh what a total joy! I love animals, and
                    unusual creations, and this was the perfect combination! In looking at
                    them I could feel the love that Mr. Griglak put into creating them, and
                    I loved looking at all of them and being in the midst of his 'zoo'.
                    In the event that the current owner or town of Perryopolis should ever
                    decide that any of these creations should need a new home, we would
                    definitely be interested. I especially loved the giraffe, the horse
                    (the one made by Mr. Griglak), the zebra, the cheetah, the spider (so
                    unique!), the dinosaur, oh, honestly they were all great in their own
                    unique way! I feel so fortunate to have had the opportunity to see
                    them, and it was definitely one of the highlights of our vacation.

                    Please keep us posted, and please be in touch should any of them ever
                    need a new home, we promise we will take the utmost care of it and
                    cherish it always.

                    Most sincerely,

                    Stacey