ANNOUNCE: Perl Seminar NY December 18 Meeting

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2001
      Perl Seminar NY will have its December meeting next Tuesday, Dec. 18, from
      6:15-8:15 pm at the NYPC Users Group office suite, 481 8th Avenue (btw 34 &
      35 Sts), Suite 1560. Here's our agenda:

      1. Preparing a Module for CPAN
      Perl Seminar NY member Alan Dickey is preparing to install a module he's
      written on CPAN, the worldwide Comprehensive Perl Archive Network. He'll
      give you pointers on:
      The basics of preparing a module for CPAN upload.
      The requirements for making your moduled installable by CPAN.pm.
      How to create makefile.pl, tests, README, etc.
      ppm for activestate on win32

      2. DataPresenter: The Saga Continues
      Inspired by the November Perl Seminar meeting, Glenn Maciag went home and
      hacked up a 9-line method that's a significant new addition to that module's
      capabilities. It enables selection of rows for output by subroutines and
      regexes (and even regexps). He'll discuss this at our December meeting.
      Then, Jim Keenan will tell the tale of how his code got torn up by
      Philadelphia Perl master Mark-Jason Dominus -- and how in the process MJD
      discovered (deep breath) A BUG IN PERL.

      Don't miss the next action-packed episode of Perl Seminar NY: Tuesday, Dec
      18. Add your own 2 cents to the action by volunteering to present at our
      Winter 2002 sessions coming up!

      (Apologies in advance if you get 2 needlessly similar versions of this
      message. I first tried posting it directly from the yahoo groups site, but
      it didn't seem to work.)

      Your moderator
      Jim Keenan
      jkeen@...