Perl Seminar NY: Meets Tuesday, Nov 17

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 9, 2009
      Our tenth season continues next Tuesday night:

      Perl Seminar New York
      Tuesday Oct 20 2009
      6:15 - 8:15 pm
      NYPC User Group
      481 8th Ave (Ramada New Yorker Hotel, West 34 St)
      Suite 550

      Main Topic: Perrin Harkins: "Choosing a Web Architecture for Perl"

      Perl Seminar NY is once again pleased to welcome Apache expert and
      veteran Open Source contributor Perrin Harkins to speak at our meeting.

      In the past few years, many new web proxy servers have come onto the
      scene with new performance promises and features. Servers based on
      non-blocking I/O bring claims of greatly improved performance. At
      the same time, FastCGI has become more widely used, giving people a
      possible alternative to mod_perl. Perrin's talk will help you choose
      the right architecture for your project by presenting a useful set of
      benchmarks and a comparison of strong points and key features.

      Hope to see you on Tuesday November 17.

      Jim Keenan
      Moderator
    • Neal Weissman
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 9, 2009
        A tad confused: the meeting is Nov 17 -- so what is "Oct. 20"? i'll assume
        the 11/17 is 6:15 , Ramada ... ??

        --
        /s/ Neal Weissman