Pittsburgh Perl Workshop, Oct 11-12: Submit Proposals

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2008
      ----- Forwarded message from Robert Blackwell of Pittsburgh.pm. -----

      The Pittsburgh Perl Workshop is a low-cost technical conference held
      at the Carnegie Mellon University's Oakland Campus. The workshop will
      be held on October 11-12 2008 (a little over a week before our first
      Perl Seminar NY meeting of the 2008-09 season).

      * Talk Proposals

      * Classes

      * Hack-a-thons

      * Talk Proposals

      The deadline for talk proposals in by 12 September 2008.

      The Pittsburgh Perl Workshop 2008 is the perfect opportunity to share
      your ideas, code, and projects with masses of code-loving Perl
      hackers. Shouldn't you have a speaking slot at this year's event?
      Shouldn't you experience the full, PPW-powered glory that only
      speakers can know?

      Of course you should!

      Haven't you ...
      done interesting stuff for Perl?
      written cool code?
      seen the future of Perl?
      got a story to tell?
      got a trick to share?

      In fact, if you have anything to say that would interest Perl people,
      we want to hear you say it!

      Just go to http://pghpw.org and submit a talk proposal. It's that easy.

      But don't delay. Get your proposal in by 12 September 2008 -- or else
      you might miss out.

      Seize the day! Own the fun! Submit a talk proposal for PPW 2008 now!

      * Classes

      This year we are offering three great classes:

      Dan Klein is back teaching From Zero to Perl.
      http://pghpw.org/ppw2008/zerotoperl.html

      Peter Scott - Maintaining Code While Staying Sane
      http://pghpw.org/ppw2008/maintainingcode.html

      brian d foy - Mastering Perl
      http://pghpw.org/ppw2008/masteringperl.html

      * Hack-a-thons

      We are having a Rakudo, (Perl 6) hack-a-thon.