Ruby Tonite!

  • Bruce Ingalls
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2001
      There is an intro to Ruby tonight 6:30pm at IBM, 57th & Madison
      http://www.cppsig.org/

      Sorry about the late notice; you need to rsvp by 3pm today, Thursday.

      I hope I can remember Michael Schwern's points, about what makes
      Perl wonderful, and see if they exist in Ruby (which can connect to
      Perl modules, btw).

      I forgot the name of one feature, where you wrap data inside a
      function, as opposed to the object oriented functions inside data...

      --
      NY Harbor 2001-9-11 http://www.panix.com/~bingalls/
    • M. Simon Cavalletto
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2001
        On Thu, 4 Oct 2001, Bruce Ingalls wrote:

        > I forgot the name of one feature, where you wrap data inside a
        > function, as opposed to the object oriented functions inside data...

        It's called a "closure."

        -Simon