May 15 Perl Seminar NY Agenda

  • James Keenan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2007
      Perl Seminar NY meets as usual on the 3rd Tuesday of the month.

      Tuesday, May 15, 6:15-8:15 pm (EDT)
      NYPC User Group
      481 8th Ave (Ramada New Yorker Hotel)
      Suite 550
      between West 34 and 35 Streets
      Manhattan

      Speaker: Steven Lembark
      Topic: Follow the bouncing W-Curve: Genome analysis in Perl.

      The W-Curve project originally attempted to generate
      curves for visual analysis. Adapting their algorighem
      for automatic comparison using Perl involved some useful
      techniques for bulk data processing in Perl and tweaking
      the algorithem itself for effective computation. The
      changes are applicable in many cases where large amounts
      of data are pushed through Perl for data analysis.

      For more information on the W-Curve project see:
      http://www.bioinformatics.org/wcurve

      Is there anyone else who is giving a talk at one of the summer
      conferences and would like to do a dry-run of that talk at this
      month's Perl Seminar NY meeting? If so, please let Alex or me know
      right away.

      See you in 12 days for the final meeting of our 7th season!