Second Season Viable, But We Have to Find Space

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2001
      Friends:

      We now have a sufficient number of expressions of interest in making
      presentations to say that a second season for Perl Seminar NY is viable. We
      have enough possible presentations to fill two meetings' schedules. That
      will give us enough momentum to get going.

      However, we face the meeting space problem once again. In all likelihood we
      will not be able to use the conference room at the company where we met from
      January through May of this year. So we turn to our members for suggestions
      for space.

      Ideally, we'd like (a) a room that can seat 10-20 people, (b) available the
      same night of the month (e.g., 2nd Tuesday) from our starting month (looks
      like October) through May, (c) with presentation facilities such as a
      whiteboard, overhead projector and -- this becomes more popular every
      year -- data projector. If you know of space that meets even *some* of
      these criteria, please let me know. You can contact me off list at
      jkeen@....

      One suggestion that has already been made is to affiliate with the NY PC
      Users Group, which has a classroom/office at 8th Ave & 34th St in Manhattan.
      It has data projector, computers in the room, etc. However, to get that
      space (a) we'd have to have 5 members of PSNY as dues-paying ($45/year)
      members of NYPC (I know of at least 2 joint members so far); (b) we
      designate a board or steering committee for PSNY, and (c) we have to see
      what meeting nights are available at that office.

      Suggestions, ladies and gentlemen?

      Jim Keenan
      jkeen@...