YAPC::NA 2007 Call For Participation

  • James Keenan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2007
      ----- Forwarded message from Jeremy Fluhmann <fluhmann@...> -----

      Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:45:06 -0600
      From: Jeremy Fluhmann <fluhmann@...>
      To: yapc@...
      Subject: [yapc] YAPC::NA 2007 Call For Participation

      On behalf of The Perl Foundation <http://perlfoundation.org/>,
      Houston.pm<http://houston.pm.org/>is officially announcing the call
      for participation for Yet Another Perl
      Conference North America 2007. The conference will be held in Houston,
      Texas, June 25 - 27 at the University of Houston.

      *Key Dates:*
      - Abstract Submission Deadline - *April 9th*
      - Schedule Announcement - *April 30th*

      We are looking for presentations that current (or future) Perl
      programmers
      would enjoy. Talks aimed at veteran Perl programmers, beginners, or
      anyone
      in between are all welcome.

      Presentation slots will be 20 (standard), 50, and 80 minutes. As always,
      Lightning Talks will be presented on the last day of the conference,
      but the
      call for these will be announced as we get closer to the conference
      date.

      At this time, we are accepting presentation abstracts via e-mail
      (abstracts-na at yapc.org). Once the ACT-hosted site goes live, you
      will be
      able to submit via the website (or e-mail if you'd like). Please
      include a
      title, expected talk time, and any special presentation requirements
      with
      your abstract. All rooms will have a projector and a microphone.

      Upon submission, you should receive a confirmation within a week. If
      not,
      please resubmit. If you encounter any problems or have any questions,
      please
      feel free to contact us at help-na at yapc.org. Authors of accepted
      presentations will be contacted via email by April 25th.

      See official posting at the YAPC::NA <http://www.yapc.org/America> site.