Perl Seminar NY's New Season Starts in 5 Weeks

  • James Keenan
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2006
      As the nighttime temperatures begin to dip below 60, a young hacker
      stops to wonder, "Can the start of Perl Seminar NY's new season be
      far away?"

      The answer, my young friend, is no. Our first meeting of the year is
      little more than five weeks away. We'll meet at our usual location
      on Tuesday, October 17.

      Which means that it's time for us to start lining up people to make
      presentations for our sessions in the coming months. At the end of
      our 2005-06 season we actually had more offers to do presentations
      than we had slots to put them in, so we have some talks already in
      the pipeline for October or November. But, since we'll be meeting
      for 8 consecutive months, that leaves many slots to fill. So it's
      time for your friendly moderators, Alex Gill and myself, to start
      recruiting presenters.

      As always, perlsemny is a good place to do a presentation if you have
      never previously done a tech presentation ... and an even better
      place to do one if you have! So let's hear from you, our members,
      about the Perl and tech ideas you've been thinking about over the
      summer.

      Thank you very much.

      Jim Keenan
    • David Golden
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 10, 2006
        James Keenan wrote:
        > As always, perlsemny is a good place to do a presentation if you have
        > never previously done a tech presentation ... and an even better
        > place to do one if you have! So let's hear from you, our members,
        > about the Perl and tech ideas you've been thinking about over the
        > summer.

        This year, I think I have several smaller talks to offer rather than a
        larger, seminar style talk. If there's interest, I'm happy to present
        on any of the following:

        * Vanilla/Strawberry Perl for Win32
        * CPAN::Reporter (and CPAN Testers)
        * Pod::WikiDoc
        * Intro to SVK
        * Collaborative Perl Repositories

        Regards,
        David
      • Matthew Persico
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 12, 2006
          On 9/11/06, David Golden <david@...> wrote:
          > This year, I think I have several smaller talks to offer rather than a
          > larger, seminar style talk. If there's interest, I'm happy to present
          > on any of the following:
          >
          > * Vanilla/Strawberry Perl for Win32

          I would be VERY interested in these.

          --