[perlsemny] Perl Seminar NY Session 2: Facilities

  • M. Simon Cavalletto
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2001
      On 2000-12-28, "James E Keenan" <jkeen@...> wrote:

      > Perl Seminar NY Session 2
      > Date: Tuesday, January 9, 2001
      > Time: 6:00 - 8:00 pm
      > Location:
      > At offices of Evolution.com
      > 34 West 17th Street (between Fifth and Sixth Aves), 2nd floor

      Hello,

      For people meeting at Evolution next week, here's a quick overview of
      the facilities that will be at your disposal:

      Our conference room is around 15'x20', with a table that seats eight to
      ten, plus a couch and room for a few additional chairs (reasonably
      comfortable for a dozen people, but crowded for twenty). There's a
      decent-sized whiteboard on one wall if you want to sketch or post
      something.

      If you want to access notes or sample code from the web, there's an
      Apple iBook available, running IE/MacOS, with wireless networking (802.11
      locally, T1 upstream). For presentation purposes, I can carry in a NIC,
      running Netscape/Linux, with a 17" display and Ethernet. Several
      alternate computer configurates are available if we have advance notice.
      (No projector displays, unfortunately.)

      Please let me know if you have any questions or issues unresolved by the
      above, and I look forward to seeing you next week.

      - M. Simon Cavalletto
      Managing Partner, Evolution Online Systems