March 21 Perl Seminar NY Meeting

  • James Keenan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2006
      Our March Perl Seminar NY meeting will return to our regular location:

      Tuesday, March 21, 6:15-8:15 pm
      NYPC Users Group
      481 8 Ave (Ramada New Yorker Hotel building), btw West 34 & 35 Sts,
      Manhattan
      Room 550

      We've got our major talk lined up, which we'll announce in a few days,
      but would like additional presenters for this idea:

      Lightning Book Reviews

      Have you read a Perl book -- or other related IT book -- in the past
      year which you felt was particularly good -- or particularly bad?
      Now's your chance to sound off. Just like a lightning talk at a Perl
      conference, you're limited to five minutes to make your point. So, if
      you've never spoken before our group before, this is a good way to
      start.

      Books which are currently scheduled for lightning review include:
      Advanced Perl Programming (2nd edition)
      Classic Shell Scripting

      Let us know what you'd like to review!