Seek Assistance in Organizing February Perlsemny Meeting

  • James Keenan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2006
      Two weeks from tonight Perl Seminar NY will be holding its monthly
      meeting at a special location. We'll be meeting at the Oxford
      University Press conference room at 198 Madison Avenue. We're meeting
      at Oxford because we anticipate a larger attendance than we can
      accommodate at our usual location at NYPC User Group. The reason, of
      course, is the presentation by Lincoln D Stein on "Genome Databases and
      Visualization in Perl."

      Because we expect to have quite a few people attending who have not
      previously attended Perl Seminar NY, this is a good opportunity for us
      to let newcomers know about perlsemny, our monthly meetings, line up
      future presenters and so forth.

      To do all this effectively, co-moderator Alex Gill and I would like to
      recruit 2-4 other Perl hackers to help us run the meeting. We're
      specifically looking for people to:

      -- greet people at door and steer latecomers to seats
      -- have people sign the sign-in sheet
      -- distribute a flyer about NYPC (and, if we get it together, one about
      perlsemny)
      -- pass the hat (collection partly to pay Lincoln's travel costs and
      partly to help NYPC with the rent)

      If you've enjoyed Perl Seminar NY this year (or in past years!) and
      would like to help out, please email me and/or co-moderator Alex Gill.

      Thank you very much, and see you on Feb 21!

      Jim Keenan
      Co-moderator