Perl Seminar NY: Tuesday Nov 16: Agenda

  • James Keenan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2004
      Our November 16 meeting will feature a talk by Marc Prewitt on CPAN
      module Text::Template, whose author is Mark Jason Dominus. Marc has
      provided this description:

      "Template modules help generate letters, build HTML pages and perform
      'mail merge' functionality. Most template modules invent a special
      language for substitutions, formatting and looping. Text::Template
      templates are programmed in perl, a language you already know and love.
      This talk explains how Text::Template works and some of the pros and
      cons of using it."

      Have you used Text::Template? If so, bring examples of how you have
      used it to the meeting and we'll discuss them after Marc makes the main
      presentation.

      As always we will meet at:
      NYPC User Group
      481 8 Avenue (Ramada New Yorker hotel)
      Suite 1560
      between 34th & 35th Sts, Manhattan, right near Penn Station
      Tuesday, November 16, 6:15-8:15 pm

      PS: Also of interest is this event sponsored by New York Perlmongers
      this coming Tuesday, November 9:
      brian d foy speaks on Module::Release
      Tuesday, Nov 9, 7:00 pm
      Cognia
      117 East 55 St, Manhattan
      (I think that's between Park & Lexington)