Nov 18 Perl Seminar Meeting Plans

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2003
      We're a little over 2 weeks from the November meeting of Perl Seminar
      New York. That will take place on Tuesday, November 18, at 6:15 pm at
      our usual meeting place: NYPC Users Group, 480 8 Ave, Suite 1560.

      We have one quite substantial talk lined up for this meeting already.
      I'll post an announcement about that in the coming week. But it would
      be good if we also got one _shorter_ talk to serve as the appetizer for
      the main course. So if you have some Perl code to present or a
      Perl-related topic to discuss in, say, 5 to 20 minutes, please let me
      know at your earliest opportunity. If you have not previously presented
      at perlsemny, this is a good way to start, and we can make suggestions
      as to how to make a better talk.

      I plan to attend this Wednesday's Perlmongers meeting, so if you want to
      discuss topics for the November or later perlsemny meetings, we can do
      that there. Itinerary for Wednesday (adapted from dha):

      Geoff Young
      "mod_perl: does it rock or suck [or something like that]"
      Wednesday (5nov) at 7pm at Chez LaRoe, Apt. 500 (buzzer 0024), 303 Park
      Avenue South (@ 23rd St.).

      I'd like to thank my fellow presenters at the October perlsemny meeting:
      Glenn Maciag, Carl Friedberg and David H. Adler. The presentations
      were well prepared and showed both the broad range of Perl and where
      it's going in the future. (And I promise to load the missing module on
      the NYPC computer so that my scripts don't fail at the last minute in
      the future!)

      Jim Keenan
      Moderator
    • Kurt Starsinic
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2003
        On Nov 02, James E Keenan wrote:
        > We're a little over 2 weeks from the November meeting of Perl Seminar
        > New York. That will take place on Tuesday, November 18, at 6:15 pm at
        > our usual meeting place: NYPC Users Group, 480 8 Ave, Suite 1560.
        >
        > We have one quite substantial talk lined up for this meeting already.
        > I'll post an announcement about that in the coming week. But it would
        > be good if we also got one _shorter_ talk to serve as the appetizer for
        > the main course. So if you have some Perl code to present or a
        > Perl-related topic to discuss in, say, 5 to 20 minutes, please let me
        > know at your earliest opportunity. If you have not previously presented
        > at perlsemny, this is a good way to start, and we can make suggestions
        > as to how to make a better talk.

        I would be happy to talk about B::Fathom.

        - Kurt
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2003
          On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 13:50:15 -0500, Kurt Starsinic wrote:

          > I would be happy to talk about B::Fathom.

          Thanks, Kurt. Can you give me a 1-2 sentence description?

          You'll be speaking first. Ben Holtzman will be speaking after you on
          "When You Should Write It in C."

          jimk