Perl Seminar NY April 19 meeting

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2011
      We meet as usual on the 3rd Tuesday of the month:

      Tuesday, April 19, 6:15-8:15 pm
      NYPC User Group office
      481 8th Ave
      Ramada New Yorker, Suite 550
      btw. West 34 & 35 Sts, Manhattan

      Main presentation:
      Charlie Gonzalez
      Padre and Strawberry Perl: The User's Perspective

      Over the past 5 years at Perl Seminar NY we've had presentations
      about the various ice-cream-flavors of Perl (mostly Vanilla, some
      Strawberry) and about Padre and other integrated development
      environments for Perl. Most of these presentations have been by
      people involved in the ongoing distributed open-source projects
      developing those technologies.

      But it's also important to get the perspective of the User of these
      technologies as well. What, in practice, works? What doesn't?
      This is the perspective that Charlie Gonzalez will bring to us on
      Tuesday, April 19.

      We particularly encourage people who work in the Windows environment
      for their day jobs to bring in their Win32 laptops and follow along
      with all the fun.

      Plus: News Desk features to be announced.

      Needed: Presentation for May 17 perlsemny meeting.

      Thank you very much.