Re: GetComboBox on InternetExplorer_TridentCmboBx

  • rmqa_group
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 17, 2005
      I'm not sure you are doing anything wrong. I'm also having problems
      getting anything meaningful from these IE combo boxes - just get what
      appears to be an address.

      The function to select combo items using their text value is also
      driving me nuts. I can select them OK with an index value, but not
      text.

      If someone can help out here, it would be appreciated.

      Thanks
      David.

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 17, 2005
        Could you be more specific on problems you have?
        Can you provide detailed instructions on how to recreate the problem?

        -Piotr

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "rmqa_group" <rmqa_group@y...>

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 17, 2005
          Piotr,

          I've tried to keep it simple :)

          ----
          use Win32::GuiTest qw/:ALL/;
          use warnings;

          # Open IE at address "http://search.cpan.org/" before running

          my @ActWin = FindWindowLike(0,"search.cpan.org: The CPAN Search Site -
          Microsoft Internet Explorer","IEFrame");
          print "Found windows: @ActWin\n";
          my @w = FindWindowLike($ActWin[0],undef,"Internet
          Explorer_TridentCmboBx");
          print "Found Combo boxes: @w\n";
          my $res = SelComboItemText($w[0],"Modules"); #Select the item we want
          print "did it work ? $res\n";
          my $toplistitem = GetComboText($w[0],0);
          print "What is top $toplistitem\n";
          my @combolist = GetComboContents($w[0]);
          print "The full combo list @combolist\n";

          ----

          When I run the above script, I get the following output (probably
          won't reproduce 100% here, due to weird characters):

          Found windows: 1180638
          Found Combo boxes: 1442710
          did it work ? 0
          What is top dε╚☺
          The full combo list dε╚☺ äε╚☺ ñε╚☺ ─ε╚☺

          Hope this is of use.

          David

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Piotr Kaluski" <pkaluski@p...>

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 17, 2005
            In the meantime I did some experiments and this are my quick
            observations. The control itself is mysterious. First of all there is
            nothing about it on MSDN. Google search returns 12 or so hits.
            Therefore I would be carefull in expecting that it will respond
            properly to ComboBox functions/messages.

            -Piotr

            wrote:
            > Could you be more specific on problems you have?
            > Can you provide detailed instructions on how to recreate the
            problem?

            > -Piotr
            >
            > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "rmqa_group" <rmqa_group@y...>
            > wrote:
            > > I'm not sure you are doing anything wrong. I'm also having
            problems
            > > getting anything meaningful from these IE combo boxes - just get
            > what
            > > appears to be an address.
            > >
            > > The function to select combo items using their text value is also
            > > driving me nuts. I can select them OK with an index value, but
            not
            > > text.
            > >
            > > If someone can help out here, it would be appreciated.
            > >
            > > Thanks
            > > David.
            > >
            > > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "fredmilano" <fmilano@a...>
            > wrote:
            > > > I am trying to retrieve the values available on a web page in
            > this
            > > > type of combo box. Whenever I try, I get very strange results.
            > Here
            > > > is what I tried:
            > > >
            > > > use warnings;
            > > >
            > > > use Win32::GuiTest qw(:ALL);
            > > >
            > > > $Win32::GuiTest::debug = 0; # "0" => off, "1" => on
            > > >
            > > > my @windows = FindWindowLike(0, "enc3home.html",0);
            > > > my $firstWindow = $windows[0];
            > > > print "Main Window = ",GetWindowText($firstWindow), "\n";
            > > > #print "Foreground = ",SetForegroundWindow
            > ($firstWindow), "\n";
            > > >
            > > > my @comboBoxes = ();
            > > > @comboBoxes = FindWindowLike($firstWindow, "", "^Internet
            > > > Explorer_TridentCmboBx");
            > > > #@comboBoxes = FindWindowLike($firstWindow, "", 0);
            > > > die "No CBs found" unless @comboBoxes;
            > > >
            > > > for (@comboBoxes) {
            > > > print "$_ \t|", GetWindowText($_), "\t|", GetClassName
            > ($_), "\n";
            > > > print "Combo Text = ", GetComboText($_,0), "\n";
            > > > }
            > > >
            > > > The results that I get are:
            > > >
            > > > Main Window = http://nc3ft3.ugd.att.com/enc3home.html -
            Microsoft
            > > > Internet Explorer
            > > >
            > > > 67704 | |Internet Explorer_TridentCmboBx
            > > > Combo Text = ô-
            > > >
            > > > 133232 | |Internet Explorer_TridentCmboBx
            > > > Combo Text = ¤
            > > >
            > > > Any idea about what I might be doing wrong here?
          • Gábor Szabó
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 18, 2005
              On 8/17/05, rmqa_group <rmqa_group@...> wrote:

              > # Open IE at address "http://search.cpan.org/" before running

              Have you tried Win32::IE::Mechanize for this ?

              Gabor
            • rmqa_group
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 23, 2005
                --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Gábor Szabó <szabgab@g...>
                wrote:
                > On 8/17/05, rmqa_group <rmqa_group@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > # Open IE at address "http://search.cpan.org/" before running
                >
                > Have you tried Win32::IE::Mechanize for this ?
                >
                > Gabor

                Yes, again without much success.

                $ie->select() doesn't seem to work either :(