SelTreeViewItemPath on SysTreeView32

  • ste88llo
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 15, 2005
      When I run the following code against the leechftp treeview, it works.
      (TTreeView Class)

      If I try to select a treeview node from the Windows Explorer it blows
      up the explorer window. (SysTreeView32)

      Any ideas why?

      <code>
      #!Perl
      use Win32::GuiTest qw(:ALL);
      my $window=3212904;
      SelTreeViewItemPath($window, "test|best|rest");
      </code>
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 20, 2005
        I checked on my PC (XP, SP2).
        I have got the same effect - the call to SelTreeViewItemPath blows the
        application hosting the control. I will try to find some time to work
        on alternate solution.
        -Piotr

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 22, 2005
          I have created a fix, which works at least for me.

          http://www.piotrkaluski.com/files/winguitest/distros/WGT_TV.zip

          Can you check if it works for you? I would really appreciate your
          feedback, since I used mechanisms described in my Advanced Tutorial.
          It would be a good test if they work or not.

          -Piotr

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Piotr Kaluski" <pkaluski@p...>
          wrote:
          > I checked on my PC (XP, SP2).
          > I have got the same effect - the call to SelTreeViewItemPath blows
          the
          > application hosting the control. I will try to find some time to
          work
          > on alternate solution.
          > -Piotr
          >
          > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "ste88llo" <slloyd@t...> wrote:
          > > When I run the following code against the leechftp treeview, it
          > works.
          > > (TTreeView Class)
          > >
          > > If I try to select a treeview node from the Windows Explorer it
          > blows
          > > up the explorer window. (SysTreeView32)
          > >
          > > Any ideas why?
          > >
          > > <code>
          > > #!Perl
          > > use Win32::GuiTest qw(:ALL);
          > > my $window=3212904;
          > > SelTreeViewItemPath($window, "test|best|rest");
          > > </code>
        • Steven Lloyd
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 22, 2005
            Your fix does work for me. Yahoo!!!
            Is this zip pretty stable or are there a lot of changes?
            In other words, do I need to unistall it and reinstall the old one for
            everything else to work?

            Also, is there a way to make WaitWindowLike and SelTreeViewItemPath, etc
            case insensitive?

            STeve

            --
          • Steven Lloyd
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 22, 2005
              GetMenu does not seem to work on the Menu in the Explorer Window either.
              In Fact, I have tried GetMenu on several other applications, and the only
              apps I can get it to work on is Notepad and Calc.

              Has anyone else had any luck with this?

              Steve

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 22, 2005
                Great!
                Thanks for a quick feedback.

                As for you questions:
                1. The zip I have delivered contains all functionality delivered in
                the last release from source forge
                (www.sourceforge.net/projects/winguitest) plus my new functions. I
                did not touch the old functionality, so hopefully it is as stable as
                it was before. As for new functions used for new implementation of
                SelTreeViewItemPath... Well they are fresh, you are the second person
                using them (apart from me). As you observed, they do not crash the
                system immediately, but it is too early to state if they are stable
                or not

                2. It depends on the effort needed, the justification of the demand
                and possible workarounds. I will try to find some time to look at the
                code.

                --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Lloyd" <slloyd@t...>

                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 22, 2005
                  Hi Steve,
                  Have a look at my post 1007.
                  -Piotr

                  wrote:
                  > GetMenu does not seem to work on the Menu in the Explorer Window
                  either.
                  > In Fact, I have tried GetMenu on several other applications, and
                  the only
                  > apps I can get it to work on is Notepad and Calc.
                  >
                  > Has anyone else had any luck with this?
                  >
                  > Steve
                  >
                  > > I have created a fix, which works at least for me.
                  > >
                  > > http://www.piotrkaluski.com/files/winguitest/distros/WGT_TV.zip
                  > >
                  > > Can you check if it works for you? I would really appreciate your
                  > > feedback, since I used mechanisms described in my Advanced
                  Tutorial.
                  > > It would be a good test if they work or not.
                  > >
                  > > -Piotr
                  > >
                  > > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Piotr Kaluski"
                  <pkaluski@p...>
                  > > wrote:
                  > >> I checked on my PC (XP, SP2).
                  > >> I have got the same effect - the call to SelTreeViewItemPath
                  blows
                  > > the
                  > >> application hosting the control. I will try to find some time to
                  > > work
                  > >> on alternate solution.
                  > >> -Piotr
                  > >>
                  > >> --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "ste88llo" <slloyd@t...>
                  > >> works.

                  > >> blows

                  > > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  > >

                  > --
                • Steven Lloyd
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 23, 2005
                    I have read your post 1007 about how it is not a real menu but is a
                    ToolbarWindow32 instead.
                    It does however, act as a menu. Is there a way to parse through the menu
                    items in a ToolbarWindow32 object as you do a real menu?

                    Steve Lloyd
                    http://www.basgetti.com

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 23, 2005
                      There is a way to do it, but it is not straight forward. Again, you
                      would have to implement it using VirtualMemory functions from my
                      advanced tutorial.
                      I will try to have a look at it.
                      -Piotr

                      wrote:
                      > I have read your post 1007 about how it is not a real menu but is a
                      > ToolbarWindow32 instead.
                      > It does however, act as a menu. Is there a way to parse through
                      the menu
                      > items in a ToolbarWindow32 object as you do a real menu?
                      >
                      > Steve Lloyd
                      > http://www.basgetti.com

                      Towels</a><br>

                      > Yahoo! Groups Links