GetComboBox on InternetExplorer_TridentCmboBx

  • fredmilano
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 10, 2005
      I am trying to retrieve the values available on a web page in this
      type of combo box. Whenever I try, I get very strange results. Here
      is what I tried:

      use warnings;

      use Win32::GuiTest qw(:ALL);

      $Win32::GuiTest::debug = 0; # "0" => off, "1" => on

      my @windows = FindWindowLike(0, "enc3home.html",0);
      my $firstWindow = $windows[0];
      print "Main Window = ",GetWindowText($firstWindow), "\n";
      #print "Foreground = ",SetForegroundWindow($firstWindow), "\n";

      my @comboBoxes = ();
      @comboBoxes = FindWindowLike($firstWindow, "", "^Internet
      Explorer_TridentCmboBx");
      #@comboBoxes = FindWindowLike($firstWindow, "", 0);
      die "No CBs found" unless @comboBoxes;

      for (@comboBoxes) {
      print "$_ \t|", GetWindowText($_), "\t|", GetClassName($_), "\n";
      print "Combo Text = ", GetComboText($_,0), "\n";
      }

      The results that I get are:

      Main Window = http://nc3ft3.ugd.att.com/enc3home.html - Microsoft
      Internet Explorer

      67704 | |Internet Explorer_TridentCmboBx
      Combo Text = ô-

      133232 | |Internet Explorer_TridentCmboBx
      Combo Text = ¤

      Any idea about what I might be doing wrong here?
    • rmqa_group
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 17, 2005
        I'm not sure you are doing anything wrong. I'm also having problems
        getting anything meaningful from these IE combo boxes - just get what
        appears to be an address.

        The function to select combo items using their text value is also
        driving me nuts. I can select them OK with an index value, but not
        text.

        If someone can help out here, it would be appreciated.

        Thanks
        David.

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 17, 2005
          Could you be more specific on problems you have?
          Can you provide detailed instructions on how to recreate the problem?

          -Piotr

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "rmqa_group" <rmqa_group@y...>

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 17, 2005
            Piotr,

            I've tried to keep it simple :)

            ----
            use Win32::GuiTest qw/:ALL/;
            use warnings;

            # Open IE at address "http://search.cpan.org/" before running

            my @ActWin = FindWindowLike(0,"search.cpan.org: The CPAN Search Site -
            Microsoft Internet Explorer","IEFrame");
            print "Found windows: @ActWin\n";
            my @w = FindWindowLike($ActWin[0],undef,"Internet
            Explorer_TridentCmboBx");
            print "Found Combo boxes: @w\n";
            my $res = SelComboItemText($w[0],"Modules"); #Select the item we want
            print "did it work ? $res\n";
            my $toplistitem = GetComboText($w[0],0);
            print "What is top $toplistitem\n";
            my @combolist = GetComboContents($w[0]);
            print "The full combo list @combolist\n";

            ----

            When I run the above script, I get the following output (probably
            won't reproduce 100% here, due to weird characters):

            Found windows: 1180638
            Found Combo boxes: 1442710
            did it work ? 0
            What is top dε╚☺
            The full combo list dε╚☺ äε╚☺ ñε╚☺ ─ε╚☺

            Hope this is of use.

            David

            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "Piotr Kaluski" <pkaluski@p...>

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 17, 2005
              In the meantime I did some experiments and this are my quick
              observations. The control itself is mysterious. First of all there is
              nothing about it on MSDN. Google search returns 12 or so hits.
              Therefore I would be carefull in expecting that it will respond
              properly to ComboBox functions/messages.

              -Piotr

              wrote:
              > Could you be more specific on problems you have?
              > Can you provide detailed instructions on how to recreate the
              problem?

              > -Piotr
              >
              > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "rmqa_group" <rmqa_group@y...>
              > wrote:
              > > I'm not sure you are doing anything wrong. I'm also having
              problems
              > > getting anything meaningful from these IE combo boxes - just get
              > what
              > > appears to be an address.
              > >
              > > The function to select combo items using their text value is also
              > > driving me nuts. I can select them OK with an index value, but
              not
              > > text.
              > >
              > > If someone can help out here, it would be appreciated.
              > >
              > > Thanks
              > > David.
              > >
              > > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "fredmilano" <fmilano@a...>
              > wrote:
              > > > I am trying to retrieve the values available on a web page in
              > this
              > > > type of combo box. Whenever I try, I get very strange results.
              > Here
              > > > is what I tried:
              > > >
              > > > use warnings;
              > > >
              > > > use Win32::GuiTest qw(:ALL);
              > > >
              > > > $Win32::GuiTest::debug = 0; # "0" => off, "1" => on
              > > >
              > > > my @windows = FindWindowLike(0, "enc3home.html",0);
              > > > my $firstWindow = $windows[0];
              > > > print "Main Window = ",GetWindowText($firstWindow), "\n";
              > > > #print "Foreground = ",SetForegroundWindow
              > ($firstWindow), "\n";
              > > >
              > > > my @comboBoxes = ();
              > > > @comboBoxes = FindWindowLike($firstWindow, "", "^Internet
              > > > Explorer_TridentCmboBx");
              > > > #@comboBoxes = FindWindowLike($firstWindow, "", 0);
              > > > die "No CBs found" unless @comboBoxes;
              > > >
              > > > for (@comboBoxes) {
              > > > print "$_ \t|", GetWindowText($_), "\t|", GetClassName
              > ($_), "\n";
              > > > print "Combo Text = ", GetComboText($_,0), "\n";
              > > > }
              > > >
              > > > The results that I get are:
              > > >
              > > > Main Window = http://nc3ft3.ugd.att.com/enc3home.html -
              Microsoft
              > > > Internet Explorer
              > > >
              > > > 67704 | |Internet Explorer_TridentCmboBx
              > > > Combo Text = ô-
              > > >
              > > > 133232 | |Internet Explorer_TridentCmboBx
              > > > Combo Text = ¤
              > > >
              > > > Any idea about what I might be doing wrong here?
            • Gábor Szabó
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 18, 2005
                On 8/17/05, rmqa_group <rmqa_group@...> wrote:

                > # Open IE at address "http://search.cpan.org/" before running

                Have you tried Win32::IE::Mechanize for this ?

                Gabor
              • rmqa_group
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 23, 2005
                  --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Gábor Szabó <szabgab@g...>
                  wrote:
                  > On 8/17/05, rmqa_group <rmqa_group@y...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > # Open IE at address "http://search.cpan.org/" before running
                  >
                  > Have you tried Win32::IE::Mechanize for this ?
                  >
                  > Gabor

                  Yes, again without much success.

                  $ie->select() doesn't seem to work either :(