GuiTest API problem with windows service

  • Nagarajan M
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2005
      I am having some problem with the newly added function in the guitest module ( GetTabItems,GetListViewContents...).

      I am running a perl script as windows service (using win32::Daemon) which handles request and invokes a method from my module.
      GetTabItems are not returning empty value while running this as service. It working perfectly when run that as a perl script (not as a service).

      My question is,

      are this methods using any dependecy libraries which should be there in the system path?

      How this methods differs from the other GUI test APIs

      Can any one throw some light on this?

      Thanks,
      Nagarajan

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2005
        Hello,
        The primary dependencies would just be standard Windows DLLs
        User32.dll, ComCtl32.dll, etc. Hmmm, with regard to Win32::Daemon.
        I know I haven't tried the package with Win32::Daemon and could only
        imagine the results. Windows Services have different
        needs/restrictions. If I/or maybe someone gets a moment, we'll
        definetly try and look into this.

        Regards.

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Nagarajan M <naga_cit@y...>