Re: [perlguitest] Sending Keys/Mouse While Screen Saver Active

  • Gábor Szabó
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 14, 2005
      On 7/14/05, bobbaloo2002 <bobbaloo2002@...> wrote:

      > Is there a way to force Mouse Clicks and Keys to the specific window
      > even when the Screen Saver is running?
      >
      > The Screen Saver is password controlled for security reasons (after 5
      > minutes) and the test isn't always using the mouse or keys to keep
      > the
      > screen active.

      IMHO I'd either turn off the screen save before the test runs and turn
      it on after
      or drag the mouse just for fun even when it is not needed just so that the
      screensave will not activate

      Gabor
    • Michael Rabinovitz
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14, 2005
        It sounds like what you want to do is to disable the screen saver
        before you run your test code, then re-enable it after you are done.
        The way to do that is through the Win32 API call, SystemParametersInfo
        using the constant SPI_SETSCREENSAVEACTIVE. If you can't get a good
        handle on how to use the call (try Google), I'll post a skeleton
        script for you.

        Mike Rabinovitz
        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "bobbaloo2002" <bobbaloo2002@y...>