Sending Keys/Mouse While Screen Saver Active

  • bobbaloo2002
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2005
      I'm trying to run a test on a Windows XP machine that sends Mouse
      Clicks and Keys to a specific window. All works fine until the
      Screen
      Saver activates.

      Is there a way to force Mouse Clicks and Keys to the specific window
      even when the Screen Saver is running?

      The Screen Saver is password controlled for security reasons (after 5
      minutes) and the test isn't always using the mouse or keys to keep
      the
      screen active.

    • Gábor Szabó
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14, 2005
        On 7/14/05, bobbaloo2002 <bobbaloo2002@...> wrote:

        > Is there a way to force Mouse Clicks and Keys to the specific window
        > even when the Screen Saver is running?
        >
        > The Screen Saver is password controlled for security reasons (after 5
        > minutes) and the test isn't always using the mouse or keys to keep
        > the
        > screen active.

        IMHO I'd either turn off the screen save before the test runs and turn
        it on after
        or drag the mouse just for fun even when it is not needed just so that the
        screensave will not activate

        Gabor
      • Michael Rabinovitz
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 14, 2005
          It sounds like what you want to do is to disable the screen saver
          before you run your test code, then re-enable it after you are done.
          The way to do that is through the Win32 API call, SystemParametersInfo
          using the constant SPI_SETSCREENSAVEACTIVE. If you can't get a good
          handle on how to use the call (try Google), I'll post a skeleton
          script for you.

          Mike Rabinovitz
          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "bobbaloo2002" <bobbaloo2002@y...>