Re: FindWindowLike help

  • Danny R. Faught
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12, 2005
      > Here is my test code. The application opens properly, but then it
      > just hangs, when I close the application it gives me the appended
      > error and then sends ^p to STDOUT? I am trying to get ^p to be send
      > to the application I opened in the code.

      It doesn't look like you're doing anything to give focus to the program
      you're testing, so that's probably why your key input isn't getting
      there. FindWindowLike doesn't do anything with the focus.

      I haven't figured out yet whether SetForegroundWindow or SetFocus is the
      way way to set the focus. In my code I do a careful dance with the two
      of them.
      --
      Danny R. Faught
      Tejas Software Consulting
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2005
        I'm not positive this makes a difference, but you also might try:

        my @window = FindWindowLike(undef, "^BEACH,BOBBY");

        Chris Hilton