Re: [perlguitest] How to launch web applications-and then access various objects?

  • Angel Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 13, 2005
      Hello Hrushi,

      Try:

      use LWP::Simple;

      my $ans = get("http://64.116.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/status.cgi");

      then parse $ans for what you are looking for.

      Angel
    • saud aziz
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 15, 2005
        $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below");

        is wrong, i believe, try just:

        ClickLink("test link below");

        or

        On 6/14/05, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@...> wrote:

        > -Samie is a module for testing IE
        > applications.I too discovered it recently,it has
        > a list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of
        > objects and performing accordingly .
        > Now here is the piece of code.
        > #usr/bin/perl
        > use Win32::OLE;
        > use Win32::SAM;
        > #use Win32::Slingshot;
        >
        > $| = 1;
        > my $URL =
        > "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
        > my $seconds;
        > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
        > StartIE();
        > $seconds = Navigate($URL);
        > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds
        > to load\n";
        > $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below"); print
        > "testlink.html took $myseconds seconds to
        > load\n";
        > I receive the following error on running this -
        >
        > Can't call method "ClickLink" without a package or
        > object reference
        > at ClickLink.pl line 15.
        >

        > __________________________________
        > Discover Yahoo!
        > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out!
        > http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

        If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an
        ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut
        yourself off from a good deal of experience. -John Cage

      • lmarlin
        Message 3 of 25 , Aug 3 12:18 PM
          To Hrushi K:

          I just tested this script in SAMIE and it did properly click on the
          link.
          I am running SAMIE 1.0.
          I have not tested this with SAMIE 2.0

          # ============================================

          use Win32::OLE;
          use Win32::SAM;

          $| = 1;
          my $URL = "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
          my $IEDocument;
          my $seconds;

          $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;

          StartIE();
          Navigate($URL);
          ## Wait until IE is ready:#
          WaitForBusy();
          #print IE is now ready to get frames
          $IEDocument = GetDocument();
          $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
          print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to load\n";
          ClickLink("test link below");
          $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
          print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";

          Could it be an install problem?

          Lee
          # ===========================================
          When the height is won, then there is ease - Aeschylus

          --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@y...>

          Message 4 of 25 , Aug 3 3:22 PM
            In the future, please direct these SAMIE related questions to the
            appropriate public forums at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/samie

            Regards.

          • Lee Marlin
            Message 5 of 25 , Aug 3 9:51 PM
              No problem

              "Dennis K. Paulsen" <ctrondlpaulsden@...> wrote:In the future, please direct these SAMIE related questions to the
              appropriate public forums at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/samie

              Regards.
              --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "lmarlin" <lmarlin@y...> wrote:
              > To Hrushi K:
              >
              > I just tested this script in SAMIE and it did properly click on
              the
              > link.
              > I am running SAMIE 1.0.
              > I have not tested this with SAMIE 2.0
              >
              > # ============================================
              >
              > use Win32::OLE;
              > use Win32::SAM;
              >
              > $| = 1;
              > my $URL = "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
              > my $IEDocument;
              > my $seconds;
              >
              > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
              >
              > StartIE();
              > Navigate($URL);
              > ## Wait until IE is ready:#
              > WaitForBusy();
              > #print IE is now ready to get frames
              > $IEDocument = GetDocument();
              > $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
              > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to load\n";
              > ClickLink("test link below");
              > $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
              > print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";
              >

              > Could it be an install problem?
              >
              > Lee
              > # ===========================================
              > When the height is won, then there is ease - Aeschylus
              >

              > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@y...>
              > wrote:
              > >

              > > -Samie is a module for testing IE
              > > applications.I too discovered it recently,it has
              > > a list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of
              > > objects and performing accordingly .
              > > Now here is the piece of code.
              > > #usr/bin/perl
              > > use Win32::OLE;
              > > use Win32::SAM;
              > > #use Win32::Slingshot;
              > >
              > > $| = 1;
              > > my $URL =
              > > "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
              > > my $seconds;
              > > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
              > > StartIE();
              > > $seconds = Navigate($URL);
              > > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds
              > > to load\n";
              > > $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below"); print
              > > "testlink.html took $myseconds seconds to
              > > load\n";
              > > I receive the following error on running this -
              > >
              > > Can't call method "ClickLink" without a package or
              > > object reference
              > > at ClickLink.pl line 15.

              > > Discover Yahoo!
              > > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it
              > out!
              > > http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

              C programming language Computer programming languages The c programming language C programming language List of programming languages Programming languages