Re: [perlguitest] How to launch web applications-and then access various objects?

  • Angel Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 13, 2005
      Hello Hrushi,

      Try:

      use LWP::Simple;

      my $ans = get("http://64.116.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/status.cgi");

      then parse $ans for what you are looking for.

      Angel
    • Hrushi K
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
        -Samie is a module for testing IE
        applications.I too discovered it recently,it has
        a list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of
        objects and performing accordingly .
        Now here is the piece of code.
        #usr/bin/perl
        use Win32::OLE;
        use Win32::SAM;
        #use Win32::Slingshot;

        $| = 1;
        my $URL =
        "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
        my $seconds;
        $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
        StartIE();
        $seconds = Navigate($URL);
        print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds
        to load\n";
        $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below"); print
        "testlink.html took $myseconds seconds to
        load\n";
        I receive the following error on running this -

        Can't call method "ClickLink" without a package or
        object reference
        at ClickLink.pl line 15.

        __________________________________
        Discover Yahoo!
      • saud aziz
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 15, 2005
          $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below");

          is wrong, i believe, try just:

          ClickLink("test link below");

          or

          On 6/14/05, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@...> wrote:

          > -Samie is a module for testing IE
          > applications.I too discovered it recently,it has
          > a list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of
          > objects and performing accordingly .
          > Now here is the piece of code.
          > #usr/bin/perl
          > use Win32::OLE;
          > use Win32::SAM;
          > #use Win32::Slingshot;
          >
          > $| = 1;
          > my $URL =
          > "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
          > my $seconds;
          > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
          > StartIE();
          > $seconds = Navigate($URL);
          > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds
          > to load\n";
          > $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below"); print
          > "testlink.html took $myseconds seconds to
          > load\n";
          > I receive the following error on running this -
          >
          > Can't call method "ClickLink" without a package or
          > object reference
          > at ClickLink.pl line 15.
          >

          > __________________________________
          > Discover Yahoo!
          > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out!
          > http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

          If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an
          ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut
          yourself off from a good deal of experience. -John Cage

        • lmarlin
          Message 4 of 25 , Aug 3, 2005
            To Hrushi K:

            I just tested this script in SAMIE and it did properly click on the
            link.
            I am running SAMIE 1.0.
            I have not tested this with SAMIE 2.0

            # ============================================

            use Win32::OLE;
            use Win32::SAM;

            $| = 1;
            my $URL = "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
            my $IEDocument;
            my $seconds;

            $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;

            StartIE();
            Navigate($URL);
            ## Wait until IE is ready:#
            WaitForBusy();
            #print IE is now ready to get frames
            $IEDocument = GetDocument();
            $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
            print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to load\n";
            ClickLink("test link below");
            $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
            print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";

            Could it be an install problem?

            Lee
            # ===========================================
            When the height is won, then there is ease - Aeschylus

            --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@y...>

            Message 5 of 25 , Aug 3, 2005
              In the future, please direct these SAMIE related questions to the
              appropriate public forums at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/samie

              Regards.

            • Lee Marlin
              Message 6 of 25 , Aug 3, 2005
                No problem

                "Dennis K. Paulsen" <ctrondlpaulsden@...> wrote:In the future, please direct these SAMIE related questions to the
                appropriate public forums at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/samie

                Regards.
                --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "lmarlin" <lmarlin@y...> wrote:
                > To Hrushi K:
                >
                > I just tested this script in SAMIE and it did properly click on
                the
                > link.
                > I am running SAMIE 1.0.
                > I have not tested this with SAMIE 2.0
                >
                > # ============================================
                >
                > use Win32::OLE;
                > use Win32::SAM;
                >
                > $| = 1;
                > my $URL = "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                > my $IEDocument;
                > my $seconds;
                >
                > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                >
                > StartIE();
                > Navigate($URL);
                > ## Wait until IE is ready:#
                > WaitForBusy();
                > #print IE is now ready to get frames
                > $IEDocument = GetDocument();
                > $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
                > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to load\n";
                > ClickLink("test link below");
                > $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
                > print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";
                >

                > Could it be an install problem?
                >
                > Lee
                > # ===========================================
                > When the height is won, then there is ease - Aeschylus
                >

                > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@y...>
                > wrote:
                > >

                > > -Samie is a module for testing IE
                > > applications.I too discovered it recently,it has
                > > a list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of
                > > objects and performing accordingly .
                > > Now here is the piece of code.
                > > #usr/bin/perl
                > > use Win32::OLE;
                > > use Win32::SAM;
                > > #use Win32::Slingshot;
                > >
                > > $| = 1;
                > > my $URL =
                > > "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                > > my $seconds;
                > > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                > > StartIE();
                > > $seconds = Navigate($URL);
                > > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds
                > > to load\n";
                > > $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below"); print
                > > "testlink.html took $myseconds seconds to
                > > load\n";
                > > I receive the following error on running this -
                > >
                > > Can't call method "ClickLink" without a package or
                > > object reference
                > > at ClickLink.pl line 15.

                > > Discover Yahoo!
                > > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it
                > out!
                > > http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

                C programming language Computer programming languages The c programming language C programming language List of programming languages Programming languages