Re: [perlguitest] How to launch web applications-and then access various objects?

  • Angel Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 13, 2005
      Hello Hrushi,

      Try:

      use LWP::Simple;

      my $ans = get("http://64.116.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/status.cgi");

      then parse $ans for what you are looking for.

      Angel
    • saud aziz
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
        Is this Almost the same error you are getting as specified on:

        http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=888972&forum_id=209723

        answer is there..

        --
        If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an
        ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut
        yourself off from a good deal of experience. -John Cage

      • Hrushi K
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
          -Samie is a module for testing IE
          applications.I too discovered it recently,it has
          a list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of
          objects and performing accordingly .
          Now here is the piece of code.
          #usr/bin/perl
          use Win32::OLE;
          use Win32::SAM;
          #use Win32::Slingshot;

          $| = 1;
          my $URL =
          "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
          my $seconds;
          $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
          StartIE();
          $seconds = Navigate($URL);
          print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds
          to load\n";
          $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below"); print
          "testlink.html took $myseconds seconds to
          load\n";
          I receive the following error on running this -

          Can't call method "ClickLink" without a package or
          object reference
          at ClickLink.pl line 15.

          __________________________________
          Discover Yahoo!
        • saud aziz
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 15, 2005
            $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below");

            is wrong, i believe, try just:

            ClickLink("test link below");

            or

            $seconds = ClickLink("test link below");

            On 6/14/05, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@...> wrote:

            > -Samie is a module for testing IE
            > applications.I too discovered it recently,it has
            > a list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of
            > objects and performing accordingly .
            > Now here is the piece of code.
            > #usr/bin/perl
            > use Win32::OLE;
            > use Win32::SAM;
            > #use Win32::Slingshot;
            >
            > $| = 1;
            > my $URL =
            > "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
            > my $seconds;
            > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
            > StartIE();
            > $seconds = Navigate($URL);
            > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds
            > to load\n";
            > $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below"); print
            > "testlink.html took $myseconds seconds to
            > load\n";
            > I receive the following error on running this -
            >
            > Can't call method "ClickLink" without a package or
            > object reference
            > at ClickLink.pl line 15.
            >

            > __________________________________
            > Discover Yahoo!
            > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out!
            > http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

            If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an
            ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut
            yourself off from a good deal of experience. -John Cage

          • lmarlin
            Message 5 of 25 , Aug 3, 2005
              To Hrushi K:

              I just tested this script in SAMIE and it did properly click on the
              link.
              I am running SAMIE 1.0.
              I have not tested this with SAMIE 2.0

              # ============================================

              use Win32::OLE;
              use Win32::SAM;

              $| = 1;
              my $URL = "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
              my $IEDocument;
              my $seconds;

              $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;

              StartIE();
              Navigate($URL);
              ## Wait until IE is ready:#
              WaitForBusy();
              #print IE is now ready to get frames
              $IEDocument = GetDocument();
              $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
              print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to load\n";
              ClickLink("test link below");
              $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
              print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";

              Could it be an install problem?

              Lee
              # ===========================================
              When the height is won, then there is ease - Aeschylus

              --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@y...>

              Message 6 of 25 , Aug 3, 2005
                In the future, please direct these SAMIE related questions to the
                appropriate public forums at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/samie

                Regards.

              • Lee Marlin
                Message 7 of 25 , Aug 3, 2005
                  No problem

                  "Dennis K. Paulsen" <ctrondlpaulsden@...> wrote:In the future, please direct these SAMIE related questions to the
                  appropriate public forums at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/samie

                  Regards.
                  --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "lmarlin" <lmarlin@y...> wrote:
                  > To Hrushi K:
                  >
                  > I just tested this script in SAMIE and it did properly click on
                  the
                  > link.
                  > I am running SAMIE 1.0.
                  > I have not tested this with SAMIE 2.0
                  >
                  > # ============================================
                  >
                  > use Win32::OLE;
                  > use Win32::SAM;
                  >
                  > $| = 1;
                  > my $URL = "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                  > my $IEDocument;
                  > my $seconds;
                  >
                  > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                  >
                  > StartIE();
                  > Navigate($URL);
                  > ## Wait until IE is ready:#
                  > WaitForBusy();
                  > #print IE is now ready to get frames
                  > $IEDocument = GetDocument();
                  > $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
                  > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to load\n";
                  > ClickLink("test link below");
                  > $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
                  > print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";
                  >

                  > Could it be an install problem?
                  >
                  > Lee
                  > # ===========================================
                  > When the height is won, then there is ease - Aeschylus
                  >

                  > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@y...>
                  > wrote:
                  > >

                  > > -Samie is a module for testing IE
                  > > applications.I too discovered it recently,it has
                  > > a list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of
                  > > objects and performing accordingly .
                  > > Now here is the piece of code.
                  > > #usr/bin/perl
                  > > use Win32::OLE;
                  > > use Win32::SAM;
                  > > #use Win32::Slingshot;
                  > >
                  > > $| = 1;
                  > > my $URL =
                  > > "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                  > > my $seconds;
                  > > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                  > > StartIE();
                  > > $seconds = Navigate($URL);
                  > > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds
                  > > to load\n";
                  > > $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below"); print
                  > > "testlink.html took $myseconds seconds to
                  > > load\n";
                  > > I receive the following error on running this -
                  > >
                  > > Can't call method "ClickLink" without a package or
                  > > object reference
                  > > at ClickLink.pl line 15.

                  > > Discover Yahoo!
                  > > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it
                  > out!
                  > > http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

                  C programming language Computer programming languages The c programming language C programming language List of programming languages Programming languages