Re: [perlguitest] How to launch web applications-and then access various objects?

  • Angel Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 13, 2005
      Hello Hrushi,

      Try:

      use LWP::Simple;

      my $ans = get("http://64.116.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/status.cgi");

      then parse $ans for what you are looking for.

      Angel
    • Chris Hilton
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
        The error indicates that the module Win32::SAM is not installed; at
        least, not where Perl looks for it. You would have to ask the SAMIE
        folks why that is.

        Chris Hilton

      • saud aziz
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
          I would back off and install perl in its default location (Activeperl that
          is) and samie too in its default location (C:\Program Files\Premium Quality
          Inc\samie). But i believe it is simply issue with where you have installed
          Perl at, and it is trying to reference it at its default location.

          On 6/14/05, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@...> wrote:

          > Hi All,
          > I am really sorry for causing trouble.but yes i do
          > admint that i am a new user to perl automation-earlier
          > I worked on rational and was pretty confident with
          > it.but yes i am realy sorry for bothering all you guys
          > for simple questions[Simple for you-but not for
          > me-thts the tragedy]
          > Anyways-Samie is a module for testing IE
          > applications.I too discovered it recently,it has a
          > list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of objects
          > Now here is the piece of code.
          >
          > #usr/bin/perl
          > use Win32::OLE;
          > use Win32::SAM;
          > #use Win32::Slingshot;
          >
          > $| = 1;
          > my $URL =
          > "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
          > my $seconds;
          >
          > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
          >
          > StartIE();
          > $seconds = Navigate($URL);
          > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to
          > load\n";
          > $seconds = ClickLink("test link below");
          > print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";
          >

          > I receive the following error on running this -
          >
          > Can't locate Win32/SAM.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
          > E:/InstalledPerl/lib E:/Instal
          > ledPerl/site/lib .) at ClickLink.pl line 3.
          > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ClickLink.pl line
          > 3.
          >
          > Thankful as always-
          >
          > regards-Ron

          If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an
          ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut
          yourself off from a good deal of experience. -John Cage

        • saud aziz
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
            Is this Almost the same error you are getting as specified on:

            http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=888972&forum_id=209723

            answer is there..

            On 6/14/05, saud aziz <saudaziz@...> wrote:

            > I would back off and install perl in its default location (Activeperl that
            > is) and samie too in its default location (C:\Program Files\Premium Quality
            > Inc\samie). But i believe it is simply issue with where you have installed
            > Perl at, and it is trying to reference it at its default location.
            >
            > On 6/14/05, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi All,
            > > I am really sorry for causing trouble.but yes i do
            > > admint that i am a new user to perl automation-earlier
            > > I worked on rational and was pretty confident with
            > > it.but yes i am realy sorry for bothering all you guys
            > > for simple questions[Simple for you-but not for
            > > me-thts the tragedy]
            > > Anyways-Samie is a module for testing IE
            > > applications.I too discovered it recently,it has a
            > > list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of objects
            > > Now here is the piece of code.
            > >
            > > #usr/bin/perl
            > > use Win32::OLE;
            > > use Win32::SAM;
            > > #use Win32::Slingshot;
            > >
            > > $| = 1;
            > > my $URL =
            > > "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
            > > my $seconds;
            > >
            > > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
            > >
            > > StartIE();
            > > $seconds = Navigate($URL);
            > > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to
            > > load\n";
            > > $seconds = ClickLink("test link below");
            > > print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";
            > >

            > > I receive the following error on running this -
            > >
            > > Can't locate Win32/SAM.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
            > > E:/InstalledPerl/lib E:/Instal
            > > ledPerl/site/lib .) at ClickLink.pl line 3.
            > > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ClickLink.pl line
            > > 3.
            > >
            > > Thankful as always-
            > >
            > > regards-Ron

            > --
            > If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an
            > ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut
            > yourself off from a good deal of experience. -John Cage

            --
            If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an
            ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut
            yourself off from a good deal of experience. -John Cage

          • Hrushi K
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
              -Samie is a module for testing IE
              applications.I too discovered it recently,it has
              a list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of
              objects and performing accordingly .
              Now here is the piece of code.
              #usr/bin/perl
              use Win32::OLE;
              use Win32::SAM;
              #use Win32::Slingshot;

              $| = 1;
              my $URL =
              "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
              my $seconds;
              $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
              StartIE();
              $seconds = Navigate($URL);
              print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds
              to load\n";
              $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below"); print
              "testlink.html took $myseconds seconds to
              load\n";
              I receive the following error on running this -

              Can't call method "ClickLink" without a package or
              object reference
              at ClickLink.pl line 15.

              __________________________________
              Discover Yahoo!
            • saud aziz
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 15, 2005
                $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below");

                is wrong, i believe, try just:

                ClickLink("test link below");

                or

                $seconds = ClickLink("test link below");

                On 6/14/05, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@...> wrote:

                > -Samie is a module for testing IE
                > applications.I too discovered it recently,it has
                > a list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of
                > objects and performing accordingly .
                > Now here is the piece of code.
                > #usr/bin/perl
                > use Win32::OLE;
                > use Win32::SAM;
                > #use Win32::Slingshot;
                >
                > $| = 1;
                > my $URL =
                > "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                > my $seconds;
                > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                > StartIE();
                > $seconds = Navigate($URL);
                > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds
                > to load\n";
                > $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below"); print
                > "testlink.html took $myseconds seconds to
                > load\n";
                > I receive the following error on running this -
                >
                > Can't call method "ClickLink" without a package or
                > object reference
                > at ClickLink.pl line 15.
                >

                > __________________________________
                > Discover Yahoo!
                > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out!
                > http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

                If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an
                ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut
                yourself off from a good deal of experience. -John Cage

              • lmarlin
                Message 7 of 25 , Aug 3, 2005
                  To Hrushi K:

                  I just tested this script in SAMIE and it did properly click on the
                  link.
                  I am running SAMIE 1.0.
                  I have not tested this with SAMIE 2.0

                  # ============================================

                  use Win32::OLE;
                  use Win32::SAM;

                  $| = 1;
                  my $URL = "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                  my $IEDocument;
                  my $seconds;

                  $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;

                  StartIE();
                  Navigate($URL);
                  ## Wait until IE is ready:#
                  WaitForBusy();
                  #print IE is now ready to get frames
                  $IEDocument = GetDocument();
                  $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
                  print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to load\n";
                  ClickLink("test link below");
                  $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
                  print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";

                  Could it be an install problem?

                  Lee
                  # ===========================================
                  When the height is won, then there is ease - Aeschylus

                  --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@y...>

                  Message 8 of 25 , Aug 3, 2005
                    In the future, please direct these SAMIE related questions to the
                    appropriate public forums at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/samie

                    Regards.

                  • Lee Marlin
                    Message 9 of 25 , Aug 3, 2005
                      No problem

                      "Dennis K. Paulsen" <ctrondlpaulsden@...> wrote:In the future, please direct these SAMIE related questions to the
                      appropriate public forums at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/samie

                      Regards.
                      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "lmarlin" <lmarlin@y...> wrote:
                      > To Hrushi K:
                      >
                      > I just tested this script in SAMIE and it did properly click on
                      the
                      > link.
                      > I am running SAMIE 1.0.
                      > I have not tested this with SAMIE 2.0
                      >
                      > # ============================================
                      >
                      > use Win32::OLE;
                      > use Win32::SAM;
                      >
                      > $| = 1;
                      > my $URL = "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                      > my $IEDocument;
                      > my $seconds;
                      >
                      > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                      >
                      > StartIE();
                      > Navigate($URL);
                      > ## Wait until IE is ready:#
                      > WaitForBusy();
                      > #print IE is now ready to get frames
                      > $IEDocument = GetDocument();
                      > $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
                      > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to load\n";
                      > ClickLink("test link below");
                      > $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
                      > print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";
                      >

                      > Could it be an install problem?
                      >
                      > Lee
                      > # ===========================================
                      > When the height is won, then there is ease - Aeschylus
                      >

                      > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@y...>
                      > wrote:
                      > >

                      > > -Samie is a module for testing IE
                      > > applications.I too discovered it recently,it has
                      > > a list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of
                      > > objects and performing accordingly .
                      > > Now here is the piece of code.
                      > > #usr/bin/perl
                      > > use Win32::OLE;
                      > > use Win32::SAM;
                      > > #use Win32::Slingshot;
                      > >
                      > > $| = 1;
                      > > my $URL =
                      > > "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                      > > my $seconds;
                      > > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                      > > StartIE();
                      > > $seconds = Navigate($URL);
                      > > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds
                      > > to load\n";
                      > > $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below"); print
                      > > "testlink.html took $myseconds seconds to
                      > > load\n";
                      > > I receive the following error on running this -
                      > >
                      > > Can't call method "ClickLink" without a package or
                      > > object reference
                      > > at ClickLink.pl line 15.

                      > > Discover Yahoo!
                      > > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it
                      > out!
                      > > http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

                      C programming language Computer programming languages The c programming language C programming language List of programming languages Programming languages