Re: [perlguitest] Logging support with win32::guitest module

  • sachin tiwari
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 14, 2005
      Hi All,

      Thanks a lot for your answers. I got to know a lot.

      Well, i had used Net::Telnet in linux and it all worked as per my requirements.
      Now, i am working on windows and there i am logging into my box[another network device] through secure telnet and executing some commands. My design is that i compare actual output with expected output and that's what decides whether the testcase passes or fails.

      I am still working on the framework part, but i guess i can make use of the log functions provided by STAF[software test automation framework].

      Thanks again for all your inputs, Let's keep the interaction going.

      Regards,
      Sachin Tiwari

      Gabor Szabo <szabgab@...> wrote:
      On 6/14/05, Sachin Tiwari <sach_tiw@...> wrote:
      > Hi All,
      >
      > I have just started using this module for CLI[command line interface]
      > automation and let me admit that it's been of much use to me till now.

      That's good but I think I would rather use Net::Telnet for CLI automation
      (or Expect if you can run on Linux or Unix).

      Of course I don't know your situation so there might be reasons agains those
      modules (e.g. you are testing the telnet application itself) but I thought
      mentioning them won't hurt.

      regards

      The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep -- Robert Frost