Re: [perlguitest] How to launch web applications-and then access various objects?

  • Angel Rodriguez
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 13, 2005
      Hello Hrushi,

      Try:

      use LWP::Simple;

      my $ans = get("http://64.116.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/status.cgi");

      then parse $ans for what you are looking for.

      Angel
    • Hrushi K
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
        Hi All,
        I am really sorry for causing trouble.but yes i do
        admint that i am a new user to perl automation-earlier
        I worked on rational and was pretty confident with
        it.but yes i am realy sorry for bothering all you guys
        for simple questions[Simple for you-but not for
        me-thts the tragedy]
        Anyways-Samie is a module for testing IE
        applications.I too discovered it recently,it has a
        list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of objects
        Now here is the piece of code.

        #usr/bin/perl
        use Win32::OLE;
        use Win32::SAM;
        #use Win32::Slingshot;

        $| = 1;
        my $URL =
        "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
        my $seconds;

        $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;

        StartIE();
        $seconds = Navigate($URL);
        print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to
        load\n";
        $seconds = ClickLink("test link below");
        print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";

        I receive the following error on running this -

        Can't locate Win32/SAM.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
        E:/InstalledPerl/lib E:/Instal
        ledPerl/site/lib .) at ClickLink.pl line 3.
        BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ClickLink.pl line
        3.

        Thankful as always-

        regards-Ron

        __________________________________
        Discover Yahoo!
        http://discover.yahoo.com/
      • Chris Hilton
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
          The error indicates that the module Win32::SAM is not installed; at
          least, not where Perl looks for it. You would have to ask the SAMIE
          folks why that is.

          Chris Hilton

        • saud aziz
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
            I would back off and install perl in its default location (Activeperl that
            is) and samie too in its default location (C:\Program Files\Premium Quality
            Inc\samie). But i believe it is simply issue with where you have installed
            Perl at, and it is trying to reference it at its default location.

            On 6/14/05, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@...> wrote:

            > Hi All,
            > I am really sorry for causing trouble.but yes i do
            > admint that i am a new user to perl automation-earlier
            > I worked on rational and was pretty confident with
            > it.but yes i am realy sorry for bothering all you guys
            > for simple questions[Simple for you-but not for
            > me-thts the tragedy]
            > Anyways-Samie is a module for testing IE
            > applications.I too discovered it recently,it has a
            > list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of objects
            > Now here is the piece of code.
            >
            > #usr/bin/perl
            > use Win32::OLE;
            > use Win32::SAM;
            > #use Win32::Slingshot;
            >
            > $| = 1;
            > my $URL =
            > "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
            > my $seconds;
            >
            > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
            >
            > StartIE();
            > $seconds = Navigate($URL);
            > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to
            > load\n";
            > $seconds = ClickLink("test link below");
            > print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";
            >

            > I receive the following error on running this -
            >
            > Can't locate Win32/SAM.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
            > E:/InstalledPerl/lib E:/Instal
            > ledPerl/site/lib .) at ClickLink.pl line 3.
            > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ClickLink.pl line
            > 3.
            >
            > Thankful as always-
            >
            > regards-Ron

            If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an
            ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut
            yourself off from a good deal of experience. -John Cage

          • saud aziz
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
              Is this Almost the same error you are getting as specified on:

              http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=888972&forum_id=209723

              answer is there..

              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
                -Samie is a module for testing IE
                applications.I too discovered it recently,it has
                a list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of
                objects and performing accordingly .
                Now here is the piece of code.
                #usr/bin/perl
                use Win32::OLE;
                use Win32::SAM;
                #use Win32::Slingshot;

                $| = 1;
                my $URL =
                "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                my $seconds;
                $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                StartIE();
                $seconds = Navigate($URL);
                print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds
                to load\n";
                $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below"); print
                "testlink.html took $myseconds seconds to
                load\n";
                I receive the following error on running this -

                Can't call method "ClickLink" without a package or
                object reference
                at ClickLink.pl line 15.

                __________________________________
                Discover Yahoo!
              • saud aziz
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 15, 2005
                  $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below");

                  is wrong, i believe, try just:

                  ClickLink("test link below");

                  or

                  $seconds = ClickLink("test link below");

                  On 6/14/05, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@...> wrote:

                  > -Samie is a module for testing IE
                  > applications.I too discovered it recently,it has
                  > a list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of
                  > objects and performing accordingly .
                  > Now here is the piece of code.
                  > #usr/bin/perl
                  > use Win32::OLE;
                  > use Win32::SAM;
                  > #use Win32::Slingshot;
                  >
                  > $| = 1;
                  > my $URL =
                  > "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                  > my $seconds;
                  > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                  > StartIE();
                  > $seconds = Navigate($URL);
                  > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds
                  > to load\n";
                  > $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below"); print
                  > "testlink.html took $myseconds seconds to
                  > load\n";
                  > I receive the following error on running this -
                  >
                  > Can't call method "ClickLink" without a package or
                  > object reference
                  > at ClickLink.pl line 15.
                  >

                  > __________________________________
                  > Discover Yahoo!
                  > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out!
                  > http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

                  If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an
                  ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut
                  yourself off from a good deal of experience. -John Cage

                • lmarlin
                  Message 8 of 25 , Aug 3 12:18 PM
                    To Hrushi K:

                    I just tested this script in SAMIE and it did properly click on the
                    link.
                    I am running SAMIE 1.0.
                    I have not tested this with SAMIE 2.0

                    # ============================================

                    use Win32::OLE;
                    use Win32::SAM;

                    $| = 1;
                    my $URL = "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                    my $IEDocument;
                    my $seconds;

                    $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;

                    StartIE();
                    Navigate($URL);
                    ## Wait until IE is ready:#
                    WaitForBusy();
                    #print IE is now ready to get frames
                    $IEDocument = GetDocument();
                    $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
                    print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to load\n";
                    ClickLink("test link below");
                    $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
                    print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";

                    Could it be an install problem?

                    Lee
                    # ===========================================
                    When the height is won, then there is ease - Aeschylus

                    --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@y...>

                    Message 9 of 25 , Aug 3 3:22 PM
                      In the future, please direct these SAMIE related questions to the
                      appropriate public forums at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/samie

                      Regards.

                    • Lee Marlin
                      Message 10 of 25 , Aug 3 9:51 PM
                        No problem

                        "Dennis K. Paulsen" <ctrondlpaulsden@...> wrote:In the future, please direct these SAMIE related questions to the
                        appropriate public forums at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/samie

                        Regards.
                        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "lmarlin" <lmarlin@y...> wrote:
                        > To Hrushi K:
                        >
                        > I just tested this script in SAMIE and it did properly click on
                        the
                        > link.
                        > I am running SAMIE 1.0.
                        > I have not tested this with SAMIE 2.0
                        >
                        > # ============================================
                        >
                        > use Win32::OLE;
                        > use Win32::SAM;
                        >
                        > $| = 1;
                        > my $URL = "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                        > my $IEDocument;
                        > my $seconds;
                        >
                        > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                        >
                        > StartIE();
                        > Navigate($URL);
                        > ## Wait until IE is ready:#
                        > WaitForBusy();
                        > #print IE is now ready to get frames
                        > $IEDocument = GetDocument();
                        > $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
                        > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to load\n";
                        > ClickLink("test link below");
                        > $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
                        > print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";
                        >

                        > Could it be an install problem?
                        >
                        > Lee
                        > # ===========================================
                        > When the height is won, then there is ease - Aeschylus
                        >

                        > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@y...>
                        > wrote:
                        > >

                        > > -Samie is a module for testing IE
                        > > applications.I too discovered it recently,it has
                        > > a list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of
                        > > objects and performing accordingly .
                        > > Now here is the piece of code.
                        > > #usr/bin/perl
                        > > use Win32::OLE;
                        > > use Win32::SAM;
                        > > #use Win32::Slingshot;
                        > >
                        > > $| = 1;
                        > > my $URL =
                        > > "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                        > > my $seconds;
                        > > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                        > > StartIE();
                        > > $seconds = Navigate($URL);
                        > > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds
                        > > to load\n";
                        > > $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below"); print
                        > > "testlink.html took $myseconds seconds to
                        > > load\n";
                        > > I receive the following error on running this -
                        > >
                        > > Can't call method "ClickLink" without a package or
                        > > object reference
                        > > at ClickLink.pl line 15.

                        > > Discover Yahoo!
                        > > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it
                        > out!
                        > > http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

                        C programming language Computer programming languages The c programming language C programming language List of programming languages Programming languages