Re: [perlguitest] Logging support with win32::guitest module

  • Gabor Szabo
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13, 2005
      On 6/14/05, Sachin Tiwari <sach_tiw@...> wrote:
      > Hi All,
      >
      > I have just started using this module for CLI[command line interface]
      > automation and let me admit that it's been of much use to me till now.

      That's good but I think I would rather use Net::Telnet for CLI automation
      (or Expect if you can run on Linux or Unix).

      Of course I don't know your situation so there might be reasons agains those
      modules (e.g. you are testing the telnet application itself) but I thought
      mentioning them won't hurt.

      regards
      Gabor
    • sachin tiwari
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 14, 2005
        Hi All,

        Thanks a lot for your answers. I got to know a lot.

        Well, i had used Net::Telnet in linux and it all worked as per my requirements.
        Now, i am working on windows and there i am logging into my box[another network device] through secure telnet and executing some commands. My design is that i compare actual output with expected output and that's what decides whether the testcase passes or fails.

        I am still working on the framework part, but i guess i can make use of the log functions provided by STAF[software test automation framework].

        Thanks again for all your inputs, Let's keep the interaction going.

        Regards,
        Sachin Tiwari

        Gabor Szabo <szabgab@...> wrote:
        On 6/14/05, Sachin Tiwari <sach_tiw@...> wrote:
        > Hi All,
        >
        > I have just started using this module for CLI[command line interface]
        > automation and let me admit that it's been of much use to me till now.

        That's good but I think I would rather use Net::Telnet for CLI automation
        (or Expect if you can run on Linux or Unix).

        Of course I don't know your situation so there might be reasons agains those
        modules (e.g. you are testing the telnet application itself) but I thought
        mentioning them won't hurt.

        regards

        The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep -- Robert Frost