Re: [perlguitest] SendKey{TAB} is badly interpreted

  • Gabor Szabo
    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 8, 2005
      On 6/8/05, efratw054 <efratw@...> wrote:

      > I have tried to use SendKeys("{TAB}") in order to move from one cell
      > to another, but during execution the TAB is activated to navigate
      > between various applications on my machine, and not within the same
      > window.
      >
      > Is there any way to resolve this? I'd prefer using TAB instead of
      > specific mouse coordinates.

      I have just tried this on a Win2000 Professional using Win32-GuiTest-1.50.3-ad
      here is the code that demonstrates it (assumes an open Explorer).
      Which version of Win32::GuiTest are you using ?

      #!perl -w
      use strict;
      use Win32::GuiTest qw(:ALL);

      my @win = FindWindowLike(0, "", "ExploreWClass");
      die "Could not find Explorer" if not @win;
      SetForegroundWindow($win[0]);

      sleep 1;
      SendKeys("{TAB}");
      sleep 1;
      SendKeys("{TAB}");
      sleep 1;
      SendKeys("{TAB}");
    • Hrushi K
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 10, 2005
        Hi All ,
        I am new to perl scripting.I wrote the following code
        but cannot stsrt an exe file.

        #usr/local/bin/perl

        use Win32::GuiTest qw(:ALL);
        start"notepad.exe";
        sleep 1;
        SendKeys("{TAB}");

        I encountered the following error.:-

        Can't locate Win32/GuiTest.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
        e:/InstalledPerl/lib e:/In
        stalledPerl/site/lib .) at Notepad.pl line 3.
        BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Notepad.pl line
        3.

        Can anybody help please?.
        Regards-Ron

        __________________________________
        Discover Yahoo!
        http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 10, 2005
          It looks like you don't have Win32::GuiTest installed.
          -Piotr

          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 10, 2005
            ... to install it open a command prompt (Run/cmd)
            and type
            ppm install Win32::GuiTest
            or
            better yet download and unzip the latest version from here
            http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/C/CT/CTRONDLP/Win32-GuiTest-1.50.3-ad.zip
            and then type within the opened directory:

            ppm install Win32-GuiTest.ppd

            After that you will get some other error message when running your code.
            try this:

            use Win32::GuiTest qw(:ALL);
            system "start notepad.exe";
            sleep 1;
            SendKeys("{TAB}");

            Gabor

            --
            Gabor Szabo
            Perl in Israel
            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 12, 2005
              Thank you Sir,
              I was really happy on seeing the test run
              Thanks again and really appreciate the quick response
              from your end.

              regards-Ron

              __________________________________
              Discover Yahoo!
              http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html
            • Hrushi K
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 12, 2005
                Hi All,
                I am really thankful to the group for providing useful
                guidance.I am facing a new problem now.I cant make
                perl open a particular url for testing.I have written
                the following code-but the url is not typed in the
                address bar while running the scrips-most of the
                colons or backslashes are not typed-Can anybdy help me
                out please?

                #!usr/bin/perl
                use Win32::GuiTest;
                system("start IExplore.exe");
                sleep 4;
                Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                sleep 2;
                Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("https:\\asterix\sites\a123\default.aspx");
                sleep 4;
                Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{ENTER}");
                sleep 4;
                Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{ENTER}");
                Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("ABCD");
                Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("1234");
                Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{ENTER}");

                Perl misses out the backslashes on typing the url-
                pls suggest an alternative

                Ragrds-Ron

                __________________________________
                Discover Yahoo!
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 12, 2005
                  In order to make perl print a backslash you need to use string "\\".
                  Try this:
                  "https:\\\\asterix\\sites\\a123\\default.aspx".
                  But you don't you just use ordinary slashes?
                  -Piotr

                  --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@y...> wrote:
                  > Hi All,
                  > I am really thankful to the group for providing useful
                  > guidance.I am facing a new problem now.I cant make
                  > perl open a particular url for testing.I have written
                  > the following code-but the url is not typed in the
                  > address bar while running the scrips-most of the
                  > colons or backslashes are not typed-Can anybdy help me
                  > out please?
                  >
                  > #!usr/bin/perl
                  > use Win32::GuiTest;
                  > system("start IExplore.exe");
                  > sleep 4;
                  > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                  > sleep 2;
                  > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("https:\\asterix\sites\a123\default.aspx");
                  > sleep 4;
                  > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{ENTER}");
                  > sleep 4;
                  > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                  > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                  > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{ENTER}");
                  > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("ABCD");
                  > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                  > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("1234");
                  > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{ENTER}");
                  >
                  > Perl misses out the backslashes on typing the url-
                  > pls suggest an alternative
                  >
                  > Ragrds-Ron
                  >

                  > __________________________________
                  > Discover Yahoo!
                  > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out!
                  > http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html
                • Angel Rodriguez
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 13, 2005
                    Hello Hrushi,

                    Try something like

                    https\:\\\\asterix\\sites\\a123\\default.aspx

                    which tells perl you realy mean what is after the first backslash.

                    Rod

                    Monday, June 13, 2005, 1:10:12 AM, you wrote:

                    > Hi All,
                    > I am really thankful to the group for providing useful
                    > guidance.I am facing a new problem now.I cant make
                    > perl open a particular url for testing.I have written
                    > the following code-but the url is not typed in the
                    > address bar while running the scrips-most of the
                    > colons or backslashes are not typed-Can anybdy help me
                    > out please?

                    > #!usr/bin/perl
                    > use Win32::GuiTest;
                    > system("start IExplore.exe");
                    > sleep 4;
                    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                    > sleep 2;
                    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("https:\\asterix\sites\a123\default.aspx");
                    > sleep 4;
                    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{ENTER}");
                    > sleep 4;
                    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{ENTER}");
                    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("ABCD");
                    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("1234");
                    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{ENTER}");

                    > Perl misses out the backslashes on typing the url-
                    > pls suggest an alternative

                    > Ragrds-Ron

                    > __________________________________
                    > Discover Yahoo!
                    > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out!
                    > http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Best regards,
                    Angel
                  • Hrushi K
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 13, 2005
                      Thanks all for your valuable help-
                      but is there some way by which web applications can be
                      launched and various objects within the application
                      can be recognised?
                      Can anyone provide some inputs as to how to recognise
                      objects of the test application?

                      Regards-Ron

                      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                    • Angel Rodriguez
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jun 13, 2005
                        Hello Hrushi,

                        Try:

                        use LWP::Simple;

                        my $ans = get("http://64.116.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/status.cgi");

                        then parse $ans for what you are looking for.

                        Angel
                      • Angel Rodriguez

                          Message 12 of 25 , Jun 13, 2005
                            On 6/13/05, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@...> wrote:
                            > Thanks all for your valuable help-
                            > but is there some way by which web applications can be
                            > launched and various objects within the application
                            > can be recognised?

                            You can also try Win32::IE::Mechanize

                            Gabor
                          • Hrushi K
                            Message 13 of 25 , Jun 13, 2005
                              Hi All,
                              I am really thankful for all the help extended by you
                              guys.Now I have downloaded the latest version of per
                              and also installed the package SAMIE

                              E:\InstalledPerl>perl ClickLink.pl

                              Can't locate Win32/SAM.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
                              E:/InstalledPerl/lib E:/Instal
                              ledPerl/site/lib .) at ClickLink.pl line 3.
                              BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ClickLink.pl line
                              3.

                              I am not sure as wht is going wrong-in fact I have the
                              perl installation in the same directory-and also
                              installed the samie module in the same directory-

                              Can anybody help please?

                              Regards-ron

                              Message 14 of 25 , Jun 13, 2005
                                Guys,
                                Many forums and mailing lists are plaqued by would-be specialists,
                                who build their professional image by telling people off for asking
                                simple questions.
                                So far, this group, did not observe this kind of behavior, mainly
                                thanks to Dennis and Gabor. I really admire their patience.
                                But please, do not abuse it.
                                Hrushi,
                                I can imagine that your problem is really important for you. But you
                                are asking really basic questions related to perl. What is worse,
                                some of them were answered in this group (how to install
                                win32::guitest).

                                So before you guys, ask a question please do the following:
                                1. Do a search in this group. There are some questions which were
                                already answered.

                                2. If you are in a rush (it happens in our profession) and YOU HAVE
                                PERFORMED STEP 1, ask your question. But when you ask your question,
                                provide as much information as you can. Don't force us to guess what
                                was your intention, or what could be the code.
                                If I look below I have numerous questions:
                                * What is SAMIE?
                                * What is ClickLink.pl?
                                * How was SAMIE installed?
                                * How is it used in ClickLink.pl?

                                All this information should be included.

                                3. If you are not in a rush (please be honest here, we always have
                                some time) please spend some time reading the documentation.
                                ActiveState provides some comprehensive documentation on installation
                                and on perl itself. You can also check Win32::GuiTest documentation,
                                which is included in the links section of this group.

                                Please do not stop asking questions. But please make some effort in
                                finding an answer in old posts. There are not so many of them, and
                                some of them contain really good examples.
                                And if you do send a question help us to help you.

                                Nothing personal :)

                                -Piotr

                                --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@y...> wrote:
                                > Hi All,
                                > I am really thankful for all the help extended by you
                                > guys.Now I have downloaded the latest version of per
                                > and also installed the package SAMIE
                                >

                                > E:\InstalledPerl>perl ClickLink.pl
                                >
                                > Can't locate Win32/SAM.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
                                > E:/InstalledPerl/lib E:/Instal
                                > ledPerl/site/lib .) at ClickLink.pl line 3.
                                > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ClickLink.pl line
                                > 3.
                                >
                                > I am not sure as wht is going wrong-in fact I have the
                                > perl installation in the same directory-and also
                                > installed the samie module in the same directory-
                                >
                                > Can anybody help please?
                                >
                                > Regards-ron
                                >

                                > __________________________________
                                > Discover Yahoo!
                                > Use Yahoo! to plan a weekend, have fun online and more. Check it
                                out!
                                > http://discover.yahoo.com/
                              • Hrushi K
                                Message 15 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
                                  Hi All,
                                  I am really sorry for causing trouble.but yes i do
                                  admint that i am a new user to perl automation-earlier
                                  I worked on rational and was pretty confident with
                                  it.but yes i am realy sorry for bothering all you guys
                                  for simple questions[Simple for you-but not for
                                  me-thts the tragedy]
                                  Anyways-Samie is a module for testing IE
                                  applications.I too discovered it recently,it has a
                                  list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of objects
                                  Now here is the piece of code.

                                  #usr/bin/perl
                                  use Win32::OLE;
                                  use Win32::SAM;
                                  #use Win32::Slingshot;

                                  $| = 1;
                                  my $URL =
                                  "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                                  my $seconds;

                                  $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;

                                  StartIE();
                                  $seconds = Navigate($URL);
                                  print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to
                                  load\n";
                                  $seconds = ClickLink("test link below");
                                  print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";

                                  I receive the following error on running this -

                                  Can't locate Win32/SAM.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
                                  E:/InstalledPerl/lib E:/Instal
                                  ledPerl/site/lib .) at ClickLink.pl line 3.
                                  BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ClickLink.pl line
                                  3.

                                  Thankful as always-

                                  regards-Ron

                                  __________________________________
                                  Discover Yahoo!
                                  http://discover.yahoo.com/
                                • Chris Hilton
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
                                    The error indicates that the module Win32::SAM is not installed; at
                                    least, not where Perl looks for it. You would have to ask the SAMIE
                                    folks why that is.

                                    Chris Hilton

                                  • saud aziz
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
                                      I would back off and install perl in its default location (Activeperl that
                                      is) and samie too in its default location (C:\Program Files\Premium Quality
                                      Inc\samie). But i believe it is simply issue with where you have installed
                                      Perl at, and it is trying to reference it at its default location.

                                      On 6/14/05, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@...> wrote:

                                      > Hi All,
                                      > I am really sorry for causing trouble.but yes i do
                                      > admint that i am a new user to perl automation-earlier
                                      > I worked on rational and was pretty confident with
                                      > it.but yes i am realy sorry for bothering all you guys
                                      > for simple questions[Simple for you-but not for
                                      > me-thts the tragedy]
                                      > Anyways-Samie is a module for testing IE
                                      > applications.I too discovered it recently,it has a
                                      > list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of objects
                                      > Now here is the piece of code.
                                      >
                                      > #usr/bin/perl
                                      > use Win32::OLE;
                                      > use Win32::SAM;
                                      > #use Win32::Slingshot;
                                      >
                                      > $| = 1;
                                      > my $URL =
                                      > "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                                      > my $seconds;
                                      >
                                      > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                                      >
                                      > StartIE();
                                      > $seconds = Navigate($URL);
                                      > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to
                                      > load\n";
                                      > $seconds = ClickLink("test link below");
                                      > print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";
                                      >

                                      > I receive the following error on running this -
                                      >
                                      > Can't locate Win32/SAM.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
                                      > E:/InstalledPerl/lib E:/Instal
                                      > ledPerl/site/lib .) at ClickLink.pl line 3.
                                      > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ClickLink.pl line
                                      > 3.
                                      >
                                      > Thankful as always-
                                      >
                                      > regards-Ron

                                      If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an
                                      ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut
                                      yourself off from a good deal of experience. -John Cage

                                    • saud aziz
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
                                        Is this Almost the same error you are getting as specified on:

                                        http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=888972&forum_id=209723

                                        answer is there..

                                        Message 19 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
                                          -Samie is a module for testing IE
                                          applications.I too discovered it recently,it has
                                          a list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of
                                          objects and performing accordingly .
                                          Now here is the piece of code.
                                          #usr/bin/perl
                                          use Win32::OLE;
                                          use Win32::SAM;
                                          #use Win32::Slingshot;

                                          $| = 1;
                                          my $URL =
                                          "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                                          my $seconds;
                                          $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                                          StartIE();
                                          $seconds = Navigate($URL);
                                          print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds
                                          to load\n";
                                          $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below"); print
                                          "testlink.html took $myseconds seconds to
                                          load\n";
                                          I receive the following error on running this -

                                          Can't call method "ClickLink" without a package or
                                          object reference
                                          at ClickLink.pl line 15.

                                          __________________________________
                                          Discover Yahoo!
                                        • saud aziz
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Jun 15, 2005
                                            $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below");

                                            is wrong, i believe, try just:

                                            ClickLink("test link below");

                                            or

                                            $seconds = ClickLink("test link below");

                                            On 6/14/05, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@...> wrote:

                                            > -Samie is a module for testing IE
                                            > applications.I too discovered it recently,it has
                                            > a list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of
                                            > objects and performing accordingly .
                                            > Now here is the piece of code.
                                            > #usr/bin/perl
                                            > use Win32::OLE;
                                            > use Win32::SAM;
                                            > #use Win32::Slingshot;
                                            >
                                            > $| = 1;
                                            > my $URL =
                                            > "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                                            > my $seconds;
                                            > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                                            > StartIE();
                                            > $seconds = Navigate($URL);
                                            > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds
                                            > to load\n";
                                            > $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below"); print
                                            > "testlink.html took $myseconds seconds to
                                            > load\n";
                                            > I receive the following error on running this -
                                            >
                                            > Can't call method "ClickLink" without a package or
                                            > object reference
                                            > at ClickLink.pl line 15.
                                            >

                                            > __________________________________
                                            > Discover Yahoo!
                                            > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out!
                                            > http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

                                            If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an
                                            ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut
                                            yourself off from a good deal of experience. -John Cage

                                          • lmarlin
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Aug 3, 2005
                                              To Hrushi K:

                                              I just tested this script in SAMIE and it did properly click on the
                                              link.
                                              I am running SAMIE 1.0.
                                              I have not tested this with SAMIE 2.0

                                              # ============================================

                                              use Win32::OLE;
                                              use Win32::SAM;

                                              $| = 1;
                                              my $URL = "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                                              my $IEDocument;
                                              my $seconds;

                                              $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;

                                              StartIE();
                                              Navigate($URL);
                                              ## Wait until IE is ready:#
                                              WaitForBusy();
                                              #print IE is now ready to get frames
                                              $IEDocument = GetDocument();
                                              $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
                                              print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to load\n";
                                              ClickLink("test link below");
                                              $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
                                              print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";

                                              Could it be an install problem?

                                              Lee
                                              # ===========================================
                                              When the height is won, then there is ease - Aeschylus

                                              Message 22 of 25 , Aug 3, 2005
                                                In the future, please direct these SAMIE related questions to the
                                                appropriate public forums at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/samie

                                                Regards.

                                              • Lee Marlin
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Aug 3, 2005
                                                  No problem

                                                  "Dennis K. Paulsen" <ctrondlpaulsden@...> wrote:In the future, please direct these SAMIE related questions to the
                                                  appropriate public forums at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/samie

                                                  Regards.
                                                  --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "lmarlin" <lmarlin@y...> wrote:
                                                  > To Hrushi K:
                                                  >
                                                  > I just tested this script in SAMIE and it did properly click on
                                                  the
                                                  > link.
                                                  > I am running SAMIE 1.0.
                                                  > I have not tested this with SAMIE 2.0
                                                  >
                                                  > # ============================================
                                                  >
                                                  > use Win32::OLE;
                                                  > use Win32::SAM;
                                                  >
                                                  > $| = 1;
                                                  > my $URL = "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                                                  > my $IEDocument;
                                                  > my $seconds;
                                                  >
                                                  > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                                                  >
                                                  > StartIE();
                                                  > Navigate($URL);
                                                  > ## Wait until IE is ready:#
                                                  > WaitForBusy();
                                                  > #print IE is now ready to get frames
                                                  > $IEDocument = GetDocument();
                                                  > $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
                                                  > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to load\n";
                                                  > ClickLink("test link below");
                                                  > $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
                                                  > print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";
                                                  >

                                                  > Could it be an install problem?
                                                  >
                                                  > Lee
                                                  > # ===========================================
                                                  > When the height is won, then there is ease - Aeschylus
                                                  >

                                                  > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@y...>
                                                  > wrote:
                                                  > >

                                                  > > -Samie is a module for testing IE
                                                  > > applications.I too discovered it recently,it has
                                                  > > a list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of
                                                  > > objects and performing accordingly .
                                                  > > Now here is the piece of code.
                                                  > > #usr/bin/perl
                                                  > > use Win32::OLE;
                                                  > > use Win32::SAM;
                                                  > > #use Win32::Slingshot;
                                                  > >
                                                  > > $| = 1;
                                                  > > my $URL =
                                                  > > "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                                                  > > my $seconds;
                                                  > > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                                                  > > StartIE();
                                                  > > $seconds = Navigate($URL);
                                                  > > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds
                                                  > > to load\n";
                                                  > > $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below"); print
                                                  > > "testlink.html took $myseconds seconds to
                                                  > > load\n";
                                                  > > I receive the following error on running this -
                                                  > >
                                                  > > Can't call method "ClickLink" without a package or
                                                  > > object reference
                                                  > > at ClickLink.pl line 15.

                                                  > > Discover Yahoo!
                                                  > > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it
                                                  > out!
                                                  > > http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

                                                  C programming language Computer programming languages The c programming language C programming language List of programming languages Programming languages