Re: SendKey{TAB} is badly interpreted

    Message 1 of 25 , Jun 8, 2005
      --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "efratw054" <efratw@f...> wrote:

      > Notes:
      > *I have tried to set focus on the main window- and it did not work.

      What do you mean "main window"? Application's main window? If yes,
      try to set a focus on the table's window.

      By the way, can you post your test script.
      Did you try with any other application, which accepts TABs?

      -Piotr
    • Gabor Szabo
      Message 2 of 25 , Jun 8, 2005
        On 6/8/05, efratw054 <efratw@...> wrote:

        > I have tried to use SendKeys("{TAB}") in order to move from one cell
        > to another, but during execution the TAB is activated to navigate
        > between various applications on my machine, and not within the same
        > window.
        >
        > Is there any way to resolve this? I'd prefer using TAB instead of
        > specific mouse coordinates.

        I have just tried this on a Win2000 Professional using Win32-GuiTest-1.50.3-ad
        here is the code that demonstrates it (assumes an open Explorer).
        Which version of Win32::GuiTest are you using ?

        #!perl -w
        use strict;
        use Win32::GuiTest qw(:ALL);

        my @win = FindWindowLike(0, "", "ExploreWClass");
        die "Could not find Explorer" if not @win;
        SetForegroundWindow($win[0]);

        sleep 1;
        SendKeys("{TAB}");
        sleep 1;
        SendKeys("{TAB}");
        sleep 1;
        SendKeys("{TAB}");
      • Hrushi K
        Message 3 of 25 , Jun 10, 2005
          Hi All ,
          I am new to perl scripting.I wrote the following code
          but cannot stsrt an exe file.

          #usr/local/bin/perl

          use Win32::GuiTest qw(:ALL);
          start"notepad.exe";
          sleep 1;
          SendKeys("{TAB}");

          I encountered the following error.:-

          Can't locate Win32/GuiTest.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
          e:/InstalledPerl/lib e:/In
          stalledPerl/site/lib .) at Notepad.pl line 3.
          BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Notepad.pl line
          3.

          Can anybody help please?.
          Regards-Ron

          __________________________________
          Discover Yahoo!
          http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html
          Message 4 of 25 , Jun 10, 2005
            Hi,
            It looks like you don't have Win32::GuiTest installed.
            -Piotr

            Message 5 of 25 , Jun 10, 2005
              ... to install it open a command prompt (Run/cmd)
              and type
              ppm install Win32::GuiTest
              or
              better yet download and unzip the latest version from here
              http://search.cpan.org/CPAN/authors/id/C/CT/CTRONDLP/Win32-GuiTest-1.50.3-ad.zip
              and then type within the opened directory:

              ppm install Win32-GuiTest.ppd

              After that you will get some other error message when running your code.
              try this:

              use Win32::GuiTest qw(:ALL);
              system "start notepad.exe";
              sleep 1;
              SendKeys("{TAB}");

              Gabor

              --
              Gabor Szabo
              Perl in Israel
              Message 6 of 25 , Jun 12, 2005
                Thank you Sir,
                I was really happy on seeing the test run
                Thanks again and really appreciate the quick response
                from your end.

                regards-Ron

                __________________________________
                Discover Yahoo!
                http://discover.yahoo.com/weekend.html
              • Hrushi K
                Message 7 of 25 , Jun 12, 2005
                  Hi All,
                  I am really thankful to the group for providing useful
                  guidance.I am facing a new problem now.I cant make
                  perl open a particular url for testing.I have written
                  the following code-but the url is not typed in the
                  address bar while running the scrips-most of the
                  colons or backslashes are not typed-Can anybdy help me
                  out please?

                  #!usr/bin/perl
                  use Win32::GuiTest;
                  system("start IExplore.exe");
                  sleep 4;
                  Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                  sleep 2;
                  Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("https:\\asterix\sites\a123\default.aspx");
                  sleep 4;
                  Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{ENTER}");
                  sleep 4;
                  Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                  Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                  Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{ENTER}");
                  Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("ABCD");
                  Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                  Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("1234");
                  Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{ENTER}");

                  Perl misses out the backslashes on typing the url-
                  pls suggest an alternative

                  Ragrds-Ron

                  __________________________________
                  Discover Yahoo!
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jun 12, 2005
                    In order to make perl print a backslash you need to use string "\\".
                    Try this:
                    "https:\\\\asterix\\sites\\a123\\default.aspx".
                    But you don't you just use ordinary slashes?
                    -Piotr

                    --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@y...> wrote:
                    > Hi All,
                    > I am really thankful to the group for providing useful
                    > guidance.I am facing a new problem now.I cant make
                    > perl open a particular url for testing.I have written
                    > the following code-but the url is not typed in the
                    > address bar while running the scrips-most of the
                    > colons or backslashes are not typed-Can anybdy help me
                    > out please?
                    >
                    > #!usr/bin/perl
                    > use Win32::GuiTest;
                    > system("start IExplore.exe");
                    > sleep 4;
                    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                    > sleep 2;
                    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("https:\\asterix\sites\a123\default.aspx");
                    > sleep 4;
                    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{ENTER}");
                    > sleep 4;
                    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{ENTER}");
                    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("ABCD");
                    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("1234");
                    > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{ENTER}");
                    >
                    > Perl misses out the backslashes on typing the url-
                    > pls suggest an alternative
                    >
                    > Ragrds-Ron
                    >

                    > __________________________________
                    > Discover Yahoo!
                    > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out!
                    > http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html
                  • Angel Rodriguez
                    Message 9 of 25 , Jun 13, 2005
                      Hello Hrushi,

                      Try something like

                      https\:\\\\asterix\\sites\\a123\\default.aspx

                      which tells perl you realy mean what is after the first backslash.

                      Rod

                      Monday, June 13, 2005, 1:10:12 AM, you wrote:

                      > Hi All,
                      > I am really thankful to the group for providing useful
                      > guidance.I am facing a new problem now.I cant make
                      > perl open a particular url for testing.I have written
                      > the following code-but the url is not typed in the
                      > address bar while running the scrips-most of the
                      > colons or backslashes are not typed-Can anybdy help me
                      > out please?

                      > #!usr/bin/perl
                      > use Win32::GuiTest;
                      > system("start IExplore.exe");
                      > sleep 4;
                      > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                      > sleep 2;
                      > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("https:\\asterix\sites\a123\default.aspx");
                      > sleep 4;
                      > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{ENTER}");
                      > sleep 4;
                      > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                      > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                      > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{ENTER}");
                      > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("ABCD");
                      > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{TAB}");
                      > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("1234");
                      > Win32::GuiTest::SendKeys("{ENTER}");

                      > Perl misses out the backslashes on typing the url-
                      > pls suggest an alternative

                      > Ragrds-Ron

                      > __________________________________
                      > Discover Yahoo!
                      > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out!
                      > http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      Best regards,
                      Angel
                    • Hrushi K
                      Message 10 of 25 , Jun 13, 2005
                        Thanks all for your valuable help-
                        but is there some way by which web applications can be
                        launched and various objects within the application
                        can be recognised?
                        Can anyone provide some inputs as to how to recognise
                        objects of the test application?

                        Regards-Ron

                        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
                      • Angel Rodriguez
                        Message 11 of 25 , Jun 13, 2005
                          Hello Hrushi,

                          Try:

                          use LWP::Simple;

                          my $ans = get("http://64.116.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/status.cgi");

                          then parse $ans for what you are looking for.

                          Angel
                        • Angel Rodriguez

                            Message 13 of 25 , Jun 13, 2005
                              On 6/13/05, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@...> wrote:
                              > Thanks all for your valuable help-
                              > but is there some way by which web applications can be
                              > launched and various objects within the application
                              > can be recognised?

                              You can also try Win32::IE::Mechanize

                              Gabor
                            • Hrushi K
                              Message 14 of 25 , Jun 13, 2005
                                Hi All,
                                I am really thankful for all the help extended by you
                                guys.Now I have downloaded the latest version of per
                                and also installed the package SAMIE

                                E:\InstalledPerl>perl ClickLink.pl

                                Can't locate Win32/SAM.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
                                E:/InstalledPerl/lib E:/Instal
                                ledPerl/site/lib .) at ClickLink.pl line 3.
                                BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ClickLink.pl line
                                3.

                                I am not sure as wht is going wrong-in fact I have the
                                perl installation in the same directory-and also
                                installed the samie module in the same directory-

                                Can anybody help please?

                                Regards-ron

                                Message 15 of 25 , Jun 13, 2005
                                  Guys,
                                  Many forums and mailing lists are plaqued by would-be specialists,
                                  who build their professional image by telling people off for asking
                                  simple questions.
                                  So far, this group, did not observe this kind of behavior, mainly
                                  thanks to Dennis and Gabor. I really admire their patience.
                                  But please, do not abuse it.
                                  Hrushi,
                                  I can imagine that your problem is really important for you. But you
                                  are asking really basic questions related to perl. What is worse,
                                  some of them were answered in this group (how to install
                                  win32::guitest).

                                  So before you guys, ask a question please do the following:
                                  1. Do a search in this group. There are some questions which were
                                  already answered.

                                  2. If you are in a rush (it happens in our profession) and YOU HAVE
                                  PERFORMED STEP 1, ask your question. But when you ask your question,
                                  provide as much information as you can. Don't force us to guess what
                                  was your intention, or what could be the code.
                                  If I look below I have numerous questions:
                                  * What is SAMIE?
                                  * What is ClickLink.pl?
                                  * How was SAMIE installed?
                                  * How is it used in ClickLink.pl?

                                  All this information should be included.

                                  3. If you are not in a rush (please be honest here, we always have
                                  some time) please spend some time reading the documentation.
                                  ActiveState provides some comprehensive documentation on installation
                                  and on perl itself. You can also check Win32::GuiTest documentation,
                                  which is included in the links section of this group.

                                  Please do not stop asking questions. But please make some effort in
                                  finding an answer in old posts. There are not so many of them, and
                                  some of them contain really good examples.
                                  And if you do send a question help us to help you.

                                  Nothing personal :)

                                  -Piotr

                                  --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@y...> wrote:
                                  > Hi All,
                                  > I am really thankful for all the help extended by you
                                  > guys.Now I have downloaded the latest version of per
                                  > and also installed the package SAMIE
                                  >

                                  > E:\InstalledPerl>perl ClickLink.pl
                                  >
                                  > Can't locate Win32/SAM.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
                                  > E:/InstalledPerl/lib E:/Instal
                                  > ledPerl/site/lib .) at ClickLink.pl line 3.
                                  > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ClickLink.pl line
                                  > 3.
                                  >
                                  > I am not sure as wht is going wrong-in fact I have the
                                  > perl installation in the same directory-and also
                                  > installed the samie module in the same directory-
                                  >
                                  > Can anybody help please?
                                  >
                                  > Regards-ron
                                  >

                                  > __________________________________
                                  > Discover Yahoo!
                                  > Use Yahoo! to plan a weekend, have fun online and more. Check it
                                  out!
                                  > http://discover.yahoo.com/
                                • Hrushi K
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
                                    Hi All,
                                    I am really sorry for causing trouble.but yes i do
                                    admint that i am a new user to perl automation-earlier
                                    I worked on rational and was pretty confident with
                                    it.but yes i am realy sorry for bothering all you guys
                                    for simple questions[Simple for you-but not for
                                    me-thts the tragedy]
                                    Anyways-Samie is a module for testing IE
                                    applications.I too discovered it recently,it has a
                                    list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of objects
                                    Now here is the piece of code.

                                    #usr/bin/perl
                                    use Win32::OLE;
                                    use Win32::SAM;
                                    #use Win32::Slingshot;

                                    $| = 1;
                                    my $URL =
                                    "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                                    my $seconds;

                                    $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;

                                    StartIE();
                                    $seconds = Navigate($URL);
                                    print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to
                                    load\n";
                                    $seconds = ClickLink("test link below");
                                    print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";

                                    I receive the following error on running this -

                                    Can't locate Win32/SAM.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
                                    E:/InstalledPerl/lib E:/Instal
                                    ledPerl/site/lib .) at ClickLink.pl line 3.
                                    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ClickLink.pl line
                                    3.

                                    Thankful as always-

                                    regards-Ron

                                    __________________________________
                                    Discover Yahoo!
                                    http://discover.yahoo.com/
                                  • Chris Hilton
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
                                      The error indicates that the module Win32::SAM is not installed; at
                                      least, not where Perl looks for it. You would have to ask the SAMIE
                                      folks why that is.

                                      Chris Hilton

                                    • saud aziz
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
                                        I would back off and install perl in its default location (Activeperl that
                                        is) and samie too in its default location (C:\Program Files\Premium Quality
                                        Inc\samie). But i believe it is simply issue with where you have installed
                                        Perl at, and it is trying to reference it at its default location.

                                        On 6/14/05, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@...> wrote:

                                        > Hi All,
                                        > I am really sorry for causing trouble.but yes i do
                                        > admint that i am a new user to perl automation-earlier
                                        > I worked on rational and was pretty confident with
                                        > it.but yes i am realy sorry for bothering all you guys
                                        > for simple questions[Simple for you-but not for
                                        > me-thts the tragedy]
                                        > Anyways-Samie is a module for testing IE
                                        > applications.I too discovered it recently,it has a
                                        > list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of objects
                                        > Now here is the piece of code.
                                        >
                                        > #usr/bin/perl
                                        > use Win32::OLE;
                                        > use Win32::SAM;
                                        > #use Win32::Slingshot;
                                        >
                                        > $| = 1;
                                        > my $URL =
                                        > "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                                        > my $seconds;
                                        >
                                        > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                                        >
                                        > StartIE();
                                        > $seconds = Navigate($URL);
                                        > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to
                                        > load\n";
                                        > $seconds = ClickLink("test link below");
                                        > print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";
                                        >

                                        > I receive the following error on running this -
                                        >
                                        > Can't locate Win32/SAM.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
                                        > E:/InstalledPerl/lib E:/Instal
                                        > ledPerl/site/lib .) at ClickLink.pl line 3.
                                        > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ClickLink.pl line
                                        > 3.
                                        >
                                        > Thankful as always-
                                        >
                                        > regards-Ron

                                        If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an
                                        ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut
                                        yourself off from a good deal of experience. -John Cage

                                      • saud aziz
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
                                          Is this Almost the same error you are getting as specified on:

                                          http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=888972&forum_id=209723

                                          answer is there..

                                          Message 20 of 25 , Jun 14, 2005
                                            -Samie is a module for testing IE
                                            applications.I too discovered it recently,it has
                                            a list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of
                                            objects and performing accordingly .
                                            Now here is the piece of code.
                                            #usr/bin/perl
                                            use Win32::OLE;
                                            use Win32::SAM;
                                            #use Win32::Slingshot;

                                            $| = 1;
                                            my $URL =
                                            "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                                            my $seconds;
                                            $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                                            StartIE();
                                            $seconds = Navigate($URL);
                                            print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds
                                            to load\n";
                                            $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below"); print
                                            "testlink.html took $myseconds seconds to
                                            load\n";
                                            I receive the following error on running this -

                                            Can't call method "ClickLink" without a package or
                                            object reference
                                            at ClickLink.pl line 15.

                                            __________________________________
                                            Discover Yahoo!
                                          • saud aziz
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Jun 15, 2005
                                              $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below");

                                              is wrong, i believe, try just:

                                              ClickLink("test link below");

                                              or

                                              $seconds = ClickLink("test link below");

                                              On 6/14/05, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@...> wrote:

                                              > -Samie is a module for testing IE
                                              > applications.I too discovered it recently,it has
                                              > a list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of
                                              > objects and performing accordingly .
                                              > Now here is the piece of code.
                                              > #usr/bin/perl
                                              > use Win32::OLE;
                                              > use Win32::SAM;
                                              > #use Win32::Slingshot;
                                              >
                                              > $| = 1;
                                              > my $URL =
                                              > "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                                              > my $seconds;
                                              > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                                              > StartIE();
                                              > $seconds = Navigate($URL);
                                              > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds
                                              > to load\n";
                                              > $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below"); print
                                              > "testlink.html took $myseconds seconds to
                                              > load\n";
                                              > I receive the following error on running this -
                                              >
                                              > Can't call method "ClickLink" without a package or
                                              > object reference
                                              > at ClickLink.pl line 15.
                                              >

                                              > __________________________________
                                              > Discover Yahoo!
                                              > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out!
                                              > http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

                                              If you develop an ear for sounds that are musical it is like developing an
                                              ego. You begin to refuse sounds that are not musical and that way cut
                                              yourself off from a good deal of experience. -John Cage

                                            • lmarlin
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Aug 3, 2005
                                                To Hrushi K:

                                                I just tested this script in SAMIE and it did properly click on the
                                                link.
                                                I am running SAMIE 1.0.
                                                I have not tested this with SAMIE 2.0

                                                # ============================================

                                                use Win32::OLE;
                                                use Win32::SAM;

                                                $| = 1;
                                                my $URL = "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                                                my $IEDocument;
                                                my $seconds;

                                                $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;

                                                StartIE();
                                                Navigate($URL);
                                                ## Wait until IE is ready:#
                                                WaitForBusy();
                                                #print IE is now ready to get frames
                                                $IEDocument = GetDocument();
                                                $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
                                                print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to load\n";
                                                ClickLink("test link below");
                                                $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
                                                print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";

                                                Could it be an install problem?

                                                Lee
                                                # ===========================================
                                                When the height is won, then there is ease - Aeschylus

                                                Message 23 of 25 , Aug 3, 2005
                                                  In the future, please direct these SAMIE related questions to the
                                                  appropriate public forums at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/samie

                                                  Regards.

                                                • Lee Marlin
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Aug 3, 2005
                                                    No problem

                                                    "Dennis K. Paulsen" <ctrondlpaulsden@...> wrote:In the future, please direct these SAMIE related questions to the
                                                    appropriate public forums at: http://sourceforge.net/projects/samie

                                                    Regards.
                                                    --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, "lmarlin" <lmarlin@y...> wrote:
                                                    > To Hrushi K:
                                                    >
                                                    > I just tested this script in SAMIE and it did properly click on
                                                    the
                                                    > link.
                                                    > I am running SAMIE 1.0.
                                                    > I have not tested this with SAMIE 2.0
                                                    >
                                                    > # ============================================
                                                    >
                                                    > use Win32::OLE;
                                                    > use Win32::SAM;
                                                    >
                                                    > $| = 1;
                                                    > my $URL = "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                                                    > my $IEDocument;
                                                    > my $seconds;
                                                    >
                                                    > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                                                    >
                                                    > StartIE();
                                                    > Navigate($URL);
                                                    > ## Wait until IE is ready:#
                                                    > WaitForBusy();
                                                    > #print IE is now ready to get frames
                                                    > $IEDocument = GetDocument();
                                                    > $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
                                                    > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds to load\n";
                                                    > ClickLink("test link below");
                                                    > $seconds = WaitForDocumentComplete();
                                                    > print "testlink.html took $seconds seconds to load\n";
                                                    >

                                                    > Could it be an install problem?
                                                    >
                                                    > Lee
                                                    > # ===========================================
                                                    > When the height is won, then there is ease - Aeschylus
                                                    >

                                                    > --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Hrushi K <ronnie13263@y...>
                                                    > wrote:
                                                    > >

                                                    > > -Samie is a module for testing IE
                                                    > > applications.I too discovered it recently,it has
                                                    > > a list of inbuilt functions for recognisition of
                                                    > > objects and performing accordingly .
                                                    > > Now here is the piece of code.
                                                    > > #usr/bin/perl
                                                    > > use Win32::OLE;
                                                    > > use Win32::SAM;
                                                    > > #use Win32::Slingshot;
                                                    > >
                                                    > > $| = 1;
                                                    > > my $URL =
                                                    > > "http://samie.sourceforge.net/ClickLinkTest.html";
                                                    > > my $seconds;
                                                    > > $Win32::OLE::Warn = 3;
                                                    > > StartIE();
                                                    > > $seconds = Navigate($URL);
                                                    > > print "Checkbox.html page took $seconds seconds
                                                    > > to load\n";
                                                    > > $myseconds->ClickLink("test link below"); print
                                                    > > "testlink.html took $myseconds seconds to
                                                    > > load\n";
                                                    > > I receive the following error on running this -
                                                    > >
                                                    > > Can't call method "ClickLink" without a package or
                                                    > > object reference
                                                    > > at ClickLink.pl line 15.

                                                    > > Discover Yahoo!
                                                    > > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it
                                                    > out!
                                                    > > http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html

                                                    C programming language Computer programming languages The c programming language C programming language List of programming languages Programming languages