Testing applications written in Qt

  • Gabor Szabo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6 8:04 AM
      A potential client asked me to do a demo running
      Win32::GuiTest to test their application written in Qt.
      So far I only tested native applications.

      Does anyone here have experience testing Qt applications ?
      Can we do that ? If not Win32::GuiTest then what is the suggestion ?

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6 11:22 PM
        Hi Gabor,
        Of course, response from people who are experienced Qt users will be
        the best source. If they don't respond, this is what comes to my mind
        how it can be checked:
        1. I would ask Qt designers how do they create controls in Win32. Is
        each control a window in win32 system sense (each control has its own
        window handle).
        2. I would check it my self. Run any Qt application and then WinSpy
        and check if you can see each control or it works like in java, where
        you can see only the main window.

        Whatever the way you find an answer, if you find it, please post it
        here. It may happen that others will have the same question.

        -Piotr

        --- In perlguitest@yahoogroups.com, Gabor Szabo <szabgab@g...> wrote:
        > A potential client asked me to do a demo running
        > Win32::GuiTest to test their application written in Qt.
        > So far I only tested native applications.
        >
        > Does anyone here have experience testing Qt applications ?
        > Can we do that ? If not Win32::GuiTest then what is the suggestion ?
        >
        > Gabor
      • Gabor Szabo
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 7 1:01 AM
          On 6/7/05, pkaluski <pkaluski@...> wrote:
          > Whatever the way you find an answer, if you find it, please post it
          > here. It may happen that others will have the same question.

          As it turns out they already tried and it worked with some minor problems.
          I'll let you know about the technical issues we encounter.